Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Current state of the Deltapoint Pro? Looking at one of these for SIG M18, since they seem to be cut for Romeo1Pro or DP Pro from factory. I want the lowest possible mount so will consider DP Pro but how are the new ones for duty use?///////

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Current state of the Deltapoint Pro? Looking at one of these for SIG M18, since they seem to be cut for Romeo1Pro or DP Pro from factory. I want the lowest possible mount so will consider DP Pro but how are the new ones for duty use?///////
    Mine: ~8000 rounds, battery every 3-4 months, retains zero, stays put. No complaints.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

We have one at work with something like 50k rounds on it. The current circuit board seems to hold up well. my two samples of the new board have been good but I havent been shooting carry optics so neither has more than a couple thousand rounds on them.
    FN America DSM
    Cajun Gun Works and Shooters World Powder shooting team member

I don’t think it is a great duty optic because of the difficulty getting BUIS shorter than a small radio tower, and the convoluted steps to adjust intensity. I hope the new Romeo 2 will be the answer for DP Pro cuts, and would probably go with a R1 Pro over the DP Pro today.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have both the R1P and the DPP. I have had no issues with my DPP over 35,000 rounds but I much prefer the R1P. I am actually surprised by how much I like the R1P. Not sure how the long term reliability will be.

My DPP has been good. I probably have 3500 ish rounds on it

The Delta Point Pro was ahead of it's time when introduced. Then the quality went to hell when they changed the decal. Now they have restored the quality to that of an early DP Pro. However, the optic is now behind the times relative to other optics. That Leupold followed the DP Pro with the micro product shows how out of touch they are with the pistol red dot market. If you have a slide with a DP Pro on it, carry on, but it isn't something most tactical or competition shooters would pay money for today over other products.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I have both a recent production DPP (2021 production) and a 6moa SIG Romeo1Pro (same footprint).

I prefer the R1P by a country mile. It's not even close. That stupid Filipino SIG optic is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. The controls are nice and tactile (and you don't have to stick your finger over the emitter to adjust it), it mounts nice and low, the battery is held securely, the glass is crystal clear, and the dot is nice crisp and round and I get very little bloom even with my astigmatism.

I'm hoping to get my hands on a T&E 6moa Romeo2 soon. If it keeps the same attributes of the R1P mentioned above, but in a more rugged US-made version, it'll be hard to beat.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    I have both a recent production DPP (2021 production) and a 6moa SIG Romeo1Pro (same footprint).

I prefer the R1P by a country mile. It's not even close. That stupid Filipino SIG optic is rapidly becoming one of my favorites. The controls are nice and tactile (and you don't have to stick your finger over the emitter to adjust it), it mounts nice and low, the battery is held securely, the glass is crystal clear, and the dot is nice crisp and round and I get very little bloom even with my astigmatism.

I'm hoping to get my hands on a T&E 6moa Romeo2 soon. If it keeps the same attributes of the R1P mentioned above, but in a more rugged US-made version, it'll be hard to beat.
    I was highly skeptical of the Romeo1 Pro when it was first introduced, based on the original Romeo1. The experience of several agencies that approved it, or adopted the RXP series guns, caused me to look again. While I would still prefer a closed emitter optic on a duty gun, I've been very pleasantly surprised by the R1 Pro. I agree with @KevH's assessment, and I'm also looking forward to trying out the R2....though I will be retired before my office gets one for T&E.

I like the updated mounting for the Deltapoint Pro on the Staccato P DPO, but the battery life remains awful despite the updated 'ruggedized' electronics. A new Duracell CR2032 barely made it 9 days. This DPP was ordered directly from Leupold in the past month.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List