Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Delta Point Pro battery life sucks

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Based on multiple discussions with Leupold, I am very optimistic that failure modes have been identified and the optic will be greatly improved!
    I'm stoked to hear this, George.

I'd love to be able to actually use a MRDS that has a proper delta reticle, as opposed to a dual-illumination RMR.

I am discussing reliability improvements to the existing DP Pro product.
    Is this going to be a formal upgrade like the Type 2 RMR (internal upgrade to essentially the same product) or would it just be improved reliability on models purchased after a certain date? Thanks

My first DPP had the motion sensor quit between 8-9000 rounds.

I think the next one is going at under 3000. Had three occasions over the weekend when the optic was off unexpectedly. I thought I noticed a similar pattern with the first one for a little while before the first ones motion sensor failed completely.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    My first DPP had the motion sensor quit between 8-9000 rounds.

I think the next one is going at under 3000. Had three occasions over the weekend when the optic was off unexpectedly. I thought I noticed a similar pattern with the first one for a little while before the first ones motion sensor failed completely.
    While it might be OK to use for practice, based on experience, I would not rely on this one Pro for competition, as the unit is “fixin to fail.”

There are two main issues with the Pro, a motion detector design that fails, and a propensity of the “+” that locates the battery, migrating such that the contact with the battery becomes intermittent, and then when it moves enough, hard fails. I am expecting something very soon that addresses both issues.

Here is a picture of the “+” showing very slight migration. We have started “pre-flighting” our Pros, checking to see that the + is in the proper position.

Name:  C1C2E824-1B9C-4AAB-A2CC-9BD97FAD8513.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  28.2 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

While it might be OK to use for practice, based on experience, I would not rely on this one Pro for competition, as the unit is “fixin to fail.”

There are two main issues with the Pro, a motion detector design that fails, and a propensity of the “+” that locates the battery, migrating such that the contact with the battery becomes intermittent, and then when it moves enough, hard fails. I am expecting something very soon that addresses both issues.

Here is a picture of the “+” showing very slight migration. We have started “pre-flighting” our Pros, checking to see that the + is in the proper position.

Name:  C1C2E824-1B9C-4AAB-A2CC-9BD97FAD8513.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  28.2 KB
    Thanks will check my other one for migration.

This one is also going back for warranty with agents tomorrow, Leupold service is really good here only down side is the 3+ months turn around for the replacement.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Just back from the range, and on “post flight,” this is what I found.

Name:  476FF51B-DE5C-4A76-868F-A4357137B77F.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  30.6 KB

I broke another Pro today at a match. While that was the bad news, the good news this was not the new “ruggedized” prototype that is on the brown truck today, it was just a Steel Challenge match so it only wrecked one string, and the failure was the “standard” where the + slips down.

Name:  7B3973FC-B501-46F5-97BB-88053E8B6299.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  42.3 KB

I am hoping the prototype with the changes, which are a new motion detector and the + mounted differently, fix the reliability issues with the Pro.

You and 3/4 folks shooting carry optics.
    The stupidity of some people never ceases to amaze me.

Humbly improving with CZ's.

Someone I know showed up at our last USPSA match with a new 320 X5 and a Romeo 1, announcing his plan to shoot it “hard” in CO this year. I asked how many slides and optics he had, and he replied “just one” with a puzzled look. I just laughed.

Someone I know showed up at our last USPSA match with a new 320 X5 and a Romeo 1, announcing his plan to shoot it “hard” in CO this year. I asked how many slides and optics he had, and he replied “just one” with a puzzled look. I just laughed.
    The bitter voice of experience

User Tag List