Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 159: Bill-Zambique

Site Supporter

Week 159: Bill-Zambique

M&P Shield, AIWB, Dark Star Gear casual carry, untucked polo, 8.5x11 sheet of paper and 3.5x11 card

1. 5.59 (-2H)
    2. 5.53 (-3H)
    3. 5.52 (-1B)

Total = 16.56 (27.56)

This was truly shot cold and the first time in a year since I shot my shield. Apparently I need a lot more practice with it.

G19, JMCK AIWB, untucked polo, 8.5x11 paper and 3.5x5 card

1. 4.49
    2. 4.11 (-1H)
    3. 4.03

Total = 12.63 (14.63)

This wasn't shot cold as I had just finished practicing with the Shield first, but I still wanted to compare results.

ETA: I didn't see OAK's post until I got home and had already interpreted how to score it.
    Last edited by zml342; 04-15-2016 at 01:16 PM.

Completed on April 15, 2016
    Glock 22 with 9mm conversion.
    Target: Upper A and B zones and Lower A zone of USPSA metric
    Safariland ALS holster and vest
    Run 1: 5.70
    Run 2: 4.88
    Run 3: 5.29
    Total time: 15.87

Was ran cold as first drill of the day.
    Last edited by Range1; 04-15-2016 at 07:56 PM.

Beretta Elite II, OWB

I ran this cold and have not shot in two weeks. I used an 8" circle for the body and a reduced A zone for the CNS...

1) 4.32 -1H = FAIL
    2) 3.82 -1B = FAIL
    3) 3.92 - 1H = FAIL

Total Fail: 12.06

Target at the end:

Video:
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 04-17-2016 at 09:55 AM. Reason: added total time

I did this cold, one week since last firing a handgun. I used an IDPA target with a 3" x 5" post-it note as the target zone in the head. (The -0 was obviously the target in the body.)

The results were not flattering:

5.20 -2h
    6.84 -1h

(Misses were very close to the target zone, but a miss is a miss.)

Total score: failure
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

This is a great drill!

This was shot cold from concealment under an open jacket from IWB. Gun is a Gen 3 G19 with a KKM barrel and compensator. Fun thing btw.

All three runs were under 4 sec in the high 3's. But alas, of the 18 rounds - there were two C's on the body and 2 misses of the 3x5. Ergo FAIL.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

G19 Gen4 IWB at 3:30 in a Blade-Tech Phantom under a buttoned up shirt.

Targets were the top half of the lower a-zone and the upper a-zone of a USPSA

All my misses were the head shots. My first attempt, one miss sailed clear over the top of the head during the transition. Instead of making a hard stop and shooting the last two rounds, I walked my front sight down resulting in the second miss just too high in the b-zone. The last two strings I'm pretty sure I missed the first shots to the upper a-zone during the transitions. I kept rushing to get to the head. I need to learn to control that tendency lol. Overall I failed because none of the strings I shot clean. I worried too much about picking up my time as I proceeded from first shot to last. My draw to first shot time on all of the strings were achingly slow. For one I was very reserved about the body shots, but I also realized the shirt I was wearing was not conducive to gaming.

3.54sec with -2H
    3.53sec with -1H
    3.51sec with -1H

10.58sec total with -4H

I like this drill. I feel it gives you a bit more worthwhile practice than the standard Mozambique and I plan to alternate the order from "body to head" to "head to body"

Shot extra cold...first shots of the day, and I could see my breath. Gen 4 G17 from Blade-Tech OWB, no concealment, USPSA metric target.

First run: 4.23 (-1B, -2H), 4.44, 4.29 (-1H) = 12.96 (-1B, -3H) - FAIL

I suspect the lower hit on the upper A for the third string is a double, I didn't call a miss while shooting and the hole is larger though not elongated, but I'm not going to give myself the benefit of the doubt as it was nearly out anyway. Gave me a good excuse to run it a second time though.

Second run: 4.8, 4.22 (-1H), 4.52 (-1H) = 13.54 (-2H) - FAIL

If it was a USPSA stage and that one shot was a double, 31A 4B 1C for these two runs combined might not be all that bad, but it was clearly stated that this drill was to be shot for 100% hits, so being 5 or 6 shots down at 7 yards is a major fail. Makes me wonder, would I have shot this differently if the same size targets were drawn on a sheet of blank paper? Or if the smaller target was a 4"x2" object floating in space? (Doesn't excuse the performance, just makes me wonder about how the brain may process different targets.)

Other thoughts: My draw was glacially slow...first time drawing from an OWB holster in months (live or dry) and I was very deliberate about getting a proper grip.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

Shot cold.

1st run I pushed low and missed two head shots
    2nd run was clean
    3rd run I got on the trigger a LITTLE early and pushed a shot high for the head and for the body.
    Times are in the first picture.

Glock 34 USPSA metric
    JMCK AIWB concealed under T-Shirt

5.19 Clean
    6.01 -2 1 body 1 head
    5.82 Clean
    Total time 17.02 Fail

Draws were pretty slow, well at least the sight acquisition was slow. It seamed like the gun was hovering out there forever before the sights were aligned and I pressed the trigger. I think I need to work on the press out from AWIB, that should give me a little extra time to get locked onto the front sight.

User Tag List