Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newtown, Conn., teacher arrested for gun at school

Troll?? Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...first post, joined forum this month??

Quote Originally Posted by thuthanh View Post
    I think this case is very lucky. the government should closely manage access to guns
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Troll?? Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...first post, joined forum this month??
    That was my thought too. Poorly written, incomplete sentences, no punctuation, and embarrassingly horrible Grammer. Left wing troll who has added nothing to the conversation that is substantive. Here's my "shocked" face......

Quote Originally Posted by thuthanh View Post
    I think this case is very lucky. the government should closely manage access to guns
    This begs elaboration, or does your brand new account just want folks to go to your website?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Back to the topic at hand...I am very interested in how the teacher got spotted with a gun. Was he just sloppy with his concealment?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    More information here:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/06/us/new...est/index.html

Very little about how he got caught, but given how early in the day he got caught, three possibilities are suggested:

1) He got sloppy with his concealment.

2) He opened his mouth about the fact that he was armed around the wrong person.

3) Co-workers noticed the little irregularities that come from carrying a gun, got curious, and figured it out. Carrying in a NPE where one is observed 40+ hours/week by the same people is very different from a 2 hour trip to the local shopping mall: little details will be noticed, and will become a subject of discussion, increasing the likelihood of getting caught.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    More information here:

Very little about how he got caught, but given how early in the day he got caught, three possibilities are suggested:

2) He opened his mouth about the fact that he was armed around the wrong person.

3) Co-workers noticed the little irregularities that come from carrying a gun, got curious, and figured it out. Carrying in a NPE where one is observed 40+ hours/week by the same people is very different from a 2 hour trip to the local shopping mall: little details will be noticed, and will become a subject of discussion, increasing the likelihood of getting caught.
    All good reasons for the Smart Carry and keeping your mouth shut. If someone notices irregularities near your junk, they usually keep it to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Back to the topic at hand...I am very interested in how the teacher got spotted with a gun. Was he just sloppy with his concealment?
    No specifics mentioned ....

"Jason Adams, who also lives in Newtown, was taken into custody by an armed security guard, police told the Hartford Courant. School officials then called police.

Another teacher saw Adams with the gun and told the security officer, who is a retired Shelton, Connecticut, police officer."

http://heavy.com/news/2016/04/jason-...ot-age-reason/
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

If the teacher chose to carry at work his decision was synonymous with playing hopscotch in a minefield. It certainly appears that he managed to land on a mine.

No one will be forgiving in Newtown, CT the home of the Sandy Hook school massacre. The anti-gun progressives will be out for blood. He will undoubtedly incur significant legal expenses, probably loose his job, potentially be barred form his chosen profession, loose his 2nd Amendment rights and all his firearms. I can't imagine how this will not ruin his life.

Connecticut is rabidly anti-gun. There probably isn't a worse place nationwide for this to happen. If he was the owner of any "assault weapon/s" (as defined by CT) no matter the outcome they absolutely are gone for good. CT law required Assault Weapons be "registered" by legislation passed post Sandy Hook. They will have already been seized and transferred out of his name. Even if he is found completely innocent there is no way to return them under the current law.
    Last edited by JohnO; 04-07-2016 at 04:51 PM.

What a nightmare.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    More information here:

This ^^^^ should be somewhere where it has to be seen - couldn't be missed by all of us who carry before we leave the house. There is no excuse for getting caught while carrying concealed.

User Tag List