Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newtown, Conn., teacher arrested for gun at school

Newtown, Conn., teacher arrested for gun at school

Newtown police say 46-year-old Jason Adams, of Newtown, was found with a concealed firearm on Wednesday morning. Newtown Middle School security detained a teacher who had been seen with a firearm. Adams was charged with possession of a weapon on school grounds, which is illegal in Connecticut. Police say he has a valid pistol permit. The Newtown school system says the teacher has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation. A gunman shot and killed 20 students and six educators at nearby Sandy Hook Elementary School in December 2012.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...GcN/story.html

I can't be that lucky that this case should walk in the door...

I'll check voicemail tomorrow morning and find out.
    Last edited by Mitchell, Esq.; 04-06-2016 at 09:08 PM.

Site Supporter
    Although I would never advise breaking the law, I find the priorities or our society to be disturbing.

An armored car guard can be licensed to carry a gun in one state, and by federal law all 50 states must honor that license while he is on duty.

A teacher, parent, etc. with a concealed handgun license issued by their home state (or even by multiple states) cannot carry a gun into a school to protect children in their care.

What does that say about which we value more: our money or our children?

Mitchell, I do hope this case comes your way. This teacher needs someone who can truly understand and argue his case.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 04-06-2016 at 09:57 PM.

I hope there's donations set up for his defense.

I feel for the guy and hope this works out for him. He has a hell of a battle in store.

I'd think that if one decides to carry in such an NPE with so much hysterical baggage that one would have a rock solid carry completely covert method with a very small non-detectable gun. This would not be the place to prove you can CC a G35.

It would be very interesting to find out his carry method and how he was outed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell, Esq. View Post
    I can't be that lucky that this case should walk in the door...

I'll check voicemail tomorrow morning and find out.
    Dude, you've got to keep us posted.

That, and remember that "Kickstarter" is some sort of thing. Just saying.

Hm, I fear this could go the wrong way. Hopefully Mr. Adams retains an excellent attorney. Good luck to you with that voicemail, Mitchell.

Newtown, Conn., teacher arrested for gun at school

Quote Originally Posted by thuthanh View Post
    I think this case is very lucky. the government should closely manage access to guns
    They do. SMH. This man is a college educated productive citizen who was thoroughly vetted by the government to be allowed to have and carry a firearm. His mistake was wanting to protect his and the lives of his students. The government frowns on this and would rather schools remain open killing fields for any lunatic to bust in and kill them all without any opposition.
    So, how was this case very lucky?
    Also capitalization and punctuation are used here.
    Last edited by Appalachained; 04-07-2016 at 05:30 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by thuthanh View Post
    I think this case is very lucky. the government should closely manage access to guns
    Do you seriously think they don't?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Any of you read The Grey Man novels?

That's me. Courtland Gentry...

Cleaning it up, "If it were raining $100 bills, he'd be hit with $100 in pennies..."

User Tag List