Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 124gr Geco 9mm fmj ammo?

124gr Geco 9mm fmj ammo?

At my local mom and pop gun store today just looking for reasons to spend money and i came across this ammo. 50 round boxes for 9.99 each. In my part, that's a great price for 9mm let alone 124gr.

I know nothing about this stuff? Is it decent range ammo? Brass cased.

Thanks!
    Drew

SG Ammo has 124gr made in Switzerland, says it's magnetic.

Geco

I purchased a case of that many months ago. It has worked perfectly in everything from Kahr MK9's, Sigs and Glocks. Need to buy more

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    SG Ammo has 124gr made in Switzerland, says it's magnetic.

Thank you for the reply. Forgive my ignorance, but what does "SG" stand for? So the fact that is magnetic would indicate a steel core behind that false facade of copper plating?

SG Ammo is an online supplier and they have 124gr Geco. They say it's magnetic, which means it doesn't play nice with steel targets and some backstops, and may be prohibited at some ranges.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    SG Ammo is an online supplier and they have 124gr Geco. They say it's magnetic, which means it doesn't play nice with steel targets and some backstops, and may be prohibited at some ranges.
    Thank you. I Google-d it and most online places say bi metal as you indicated and a mild steel core. No go for me, my indoor place has a strict policy against steel core.

Site Supporter
    Geco ammo is made in a few different countries / factories so you really need to check the details.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew78 View Post
    At my local mom and pop gun store today just looking for reasons to spend money and i came across this ammo. 50 round boxes for 9.99 each. In my part, that's a great price for 9mm let alone 124gr.

I know nothing about this stuff? Is it decent range ammo? Brass cased.

Thanks!
    Drew
    I bought a couple of cases a few years ago and it ran great in everything I shot it through and IIRC it wasn't too dirty either.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Thank you. I Google-d it and most online places say bi metal as you indicated and a mild steel core. No go for me, my indoor place has a strict policy against steel core.
    Handgun ammo out for commercial sale in the US won't have a steel core, mild or otherwise.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Bimetal means it's a mild-steel jacket.

Different than a steel core, but it may still be against your range rules as it can cause sparks.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List