Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gen.4 G19 malfunction with pmag.

I'm only using them for range use, and in a gun I'm not currently using for carry. I won't be buying any more unless these now run flawless for many thousands of rounds. Don't like the thicker base pad for carry anyway. Just wanted some cheaper range mags. As long as this gun continues to run perfect with factory mags, I don't think I need to do any extra vetting.

Bought 2 G17 pmags to try out for training mags. I just completed a Ken Hackathorn class this last weekend where I used them in a G17 and a G19 and I had no problems and they dropped free as well. I plan on getting 3-5 more to use solely as training mags.

I've had failures to extract and one other malfunction where the round was going straight up into the top of the barrel. Take the mag out and the round doesn't even move. Never had it before. Contact Magpul.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A stoppage that might be Magpul/ETS related is expensive enough, that it wipes out any potential savings from my purchase of non OEM magazines, and the savings of about another ten of me.

By expensive, I mean the amount of time and ammo I will then need to fire to vet that pistol for games or carry. The only non OEM Glock magazine that would get my attention would be a ten round 19 or 17 magazine that works better than the OEM ten rounders.
    I agree.
    I also use that logic to try and avoid weapons etc.. that use the customer as quality control. By the time you use enough ammo to test the weapon you have spent a lot of money, especially if you have to do it more than once.

I'm going to wait and see if it happens again before I contact magpul. Not 100 percent sure it was the mag at this point. Like I said I was shooting on the move, something I need a lot more practice in. My support hand thumb may have gotten placed to high and interfered with slide movement as well. The mag in question is marked so I'll see what happens.

I have a few of the newer versions for practice mags and none of them have been 100% reliable; would have been nice if they worked but I guess you can take solace in the fact that OEM mags work flawlessly and are only $20.

User Tag List