Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S&B primers?

S&B primers?

Good? Bad? Lance Corporal don't know? The reason I'm asking is that I want to buy certain powders and consolidate my purchase with regards to Hazmat fees from one dealer that has the powders I want. Obviously, they only stock these primers.
    #RESIST

S&B are good primers. Only issue is if you are using them with a competition reduced power springs that they might not go off.

With Berettas (with D Spring), Glocks (with Ghost springs), Factory H&K's and standard 1911s I have not had any issue with S&B primers.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 04-05-2016 at 07:22 AM.

No personal experience with em. But it seems like the general consensus is they're quite a bit harder than some of the other go-to choices (Federal, Winchester, CCI) and success can be, in part at least, dependent on if you're using full weight springs in your guns or not. Reports I've read also indicate there can be quite a bit of variability lot to lot.

Couple of Benos threads...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...s#entry2402464

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/inde...p;b%20+primers

I used 18000 last year. Almost all through a CZ Shadow with a 13lb hammer spring and a normal (not the extended) firing pin. They have rapidly become my first choice primer based on performance and price.

Interestingly in my gun they are also worth about 30 odd fps over the Winchester SPP
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Site Supporter
    I wouldn't order a big batch of primers until you prove that your machine feeds them well. Sometimes, certain machines can show a preference. Every time I call Dillon with a priming question, the first thing they ask me is if I'm using Federal primers.

I dig them. I've had zero issues in the 6000 I've run so far, but I've never been a fan of the Federal Only(tm) trigger job.
    TY83544

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JV_ View Post
    I wouldn't order a big batch of primers until you prove that your machine feeds them well. Sometimes, certain machines can show a preference. Every time I call Dillon with a priming question, the first thing they ask me is if I'm using Federal primers.
    Off topic a bit, but does Dillon find Federals to be problematic?
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Off topic a bit, but does Dillon find Federals to be problematic?
    Yes. Years ago, Lee did too. I think that was because of their hand priming tools and the softer nature of Federal primers.
    Last edited by JV_; 04-05-2016 at 09:45 AM.

I stick with CCI primers out of sheer availability and convenience, but would have no problem using S&B primers.
    Last edited by EMC; 04-05-2016 at 09:57 AM.

I've used many thousands, small and large pistol, and large rifle. Excellent results, no problems whatsoever. I don't have guns with reduced power springs.

User Tag List