Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock concealment magwells, any experiencies?

The glock 17 mags don't help on my 19, and inside 25 yards I shoot the 19 more accurately and it comes out faster both on my duty rigs and concealment holster. Both the dot torture and 10-8 pistol standards confirm this for me. Thanks for everyone that provided some insight and for the rest I'm not really sure what all the hostility is all about. For such a group of elitest who do nothing but plug what they consider the next big thing I'm pretty surprised. Every picture thread on this forum is flooded of everyone's carry guns with grip plugs, grip force adopters, stipple jobs, tritium sights, RMR's, Burton/Wilson full customs and the list goes on and on. Not sure how those things are any different than asking advice on a magell.

Quote Originally Posted by frankepc View Post
    The glock 17 mags don't help on my 19, and inside 25 yards I shoot the 19 more accurately and it comes out faster both on my duty rigs and concealment holster. Both the dot torture and 10-8 pistol standards confirm this for me. Thanks for everyone that provided some insight and for the rest I'm not really sure what all the hostility is all about. For such a group of elitest who do nothing but plug what they consider the next big thing I'm pretty surprised. Every picture thread on this forum is flooded of everyone's carry guns with grip plugs, grip force adopters, stipple jobs, tritium sights, RMR's, Burton/Wilson full customs and the list goes on and on. Not sure how those things are any different than asking advice on a magell.
    I'm not doubting you, but I am very surprised to hear that a guy with big hands finds the G19 faster out of the holster. What is your FAST time with a 19? With a 17?

As for the hostility, that was so last week, or maybe you just like to be fashionably late? :-) As for the long list of possible mods to guns, not all mods are equal. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I'm not doubting you, but I am very surprised to hear that a guy with big hands finds the G19 faster out of the holster. What is your FAST time with a 19? With a 17?

As for the hostility, that was so last week, or maybe you just like to be fashionably late? :-) As for the long list of possible mods to guns, not all mods are equal. Seriously.
    I'm not here to start some silly forum fight, I haven't shot the Fast in over two years. And sorry that the response to my OP is so last week but my world doesn't revolve around PF.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Was it this video (quicktime .mov file) from this post?
    Yes, thanks. My technique has changed a fair bit since then, but the basic reload speed is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by frankepc View Post
    I'm not here to start some silly forum fight, I haven't shot the Fast in over two years. And sorry that the response to my OP is so last week but my world doesn't revolve around PF.
    What fight are you talking about? I even put a smiley face into the last post. I guess my humor was too obtuse, sorry.

I asked about the FAST, because it will tell me more than Dot torture (which tells me very little), and more still than the 10-8 standards. Obviously, you may not care, in which case I certainly don't care either.

Last time I shot the fast was with a completely different gun (glock 21 with a boresight grip package) on top of that haven’t been able to do much other than short range sessions since breaking my hand a couple of months back. So the Dot torture and the 10-8 pistol standards is all I have current with both guns. I will try and hit the range next week and hopefully I’ll be able to get some FAST times with both guns.

I would revisit the G26 if they made a concealable mag well for it. Last I checked, Sentinel, Zev, & Agency don't...

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Yes, thanks. My technique has changed a fair bit since then, but the basic reload speed is the same.
    Very interesting reload. You appear to leave the gun extended out quite far during execution. Very different from most of the things I've tried.

Funny, your range presence in that video reminds me of my shooting partner eyemahm in a lot of ways....just faster

I would still really like to see a video of your current reload, preferably from concealment, if the offer is still on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    God, I hope you take in orders for that someday. I've got a Gen3 19 I don't want to send anywhere else.
    You will have purchase order #0001 if I ever go that route.

Thread necropsy:

Has anyone with the Agency Arms magwell had any issues with the mags not falling free? (Gen4 G19 with medium backstrap)
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List