Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock concealment magwells, any experiencies?

I posted the question in regards to my off duty carry gun, Glock 19 Gen 4. I have big hands and they extend past the pistol grip, which causes a slight pinch and occasionally a fumble. With that said I’ve stuck with this gun because it’s the gun I shoot best.

That is bodacious performance -- I nominate SLG as SME of slide lock reloads.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by frankepc View Post
    I posted the question in regards to my off duty carry gun, Glock 19 Gen 4. I have big hands and they extend past the pistol grip, which causes a slight pinch and occasionally a fumble. With that said I’ve stuck with this gun because it’s the gun I shoot best.
    Now I'm curious. Do you shoot it better than a G17? If so, in what way? Speed? Accuracy? On what types of drills? What is the difference?

Does using a G17 magazine remove the reload problem, or is it that your hand prevents the mag from entering the well?

Not that it matters, but I have small hands, and I carry a Gen 4 22 because I prefer it in very small ways to my other choices. Those choices include G19/17 and G23 as well as some others. I'm not going to get into it here, but there is no functional difference for me between the 17 and 22, and I would be perfectly fine with the 17 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That is bodacious performance -- I nominate SLG as SME of slide lock reloads.
    There is a well known USPSA GM who used to be called the King of the hotel reload. We were in his office one day, dry-firing, and I beat him most of the time. He named me the king of the office reload.

Video is all we need to complete this picture.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Video is all we need to complete this picture.
    Years ago, Todd put a video of me up doing a reload from my duty belt. I don't know if it is still on P-T or not. I won't be on my range today, but I am happy to try and video at an indoor range I'll be at later this week.

Do you doubt me?
    Last edited by SLG; 04-17-2016 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Do you doubt me?
    If that's what it takes to get you to post a video? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Reached out to the owner. Will see what happens. May need to go through a retailer, if so there's one in mind as well.
    update when updated.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

So I went down the path of a magwell for Glock sometime last year. After researching all the available and down-selecting to those which actually would be feasible for carrying, I went with the Sentinel, currently licensed from Raven as the Freya. What I quickly found is that it actually did not help my reloads whatsoever. More times than not, I was not able to seat the mag as fast or as smooth as without it. It forced me to visually check and at times alter my reload because the mag top was about to connect to the rim of the inside of the Sentinel, instead of the actual frame. Although the Sentinel felt really, really nice in my hand and certainly aided with my grip by adding a very nicely formed butt to mate up with, it simply did not fulfill its purpose FOR ME. It currently sits in my "sell whenever I'm not too lazy too" box.

So count me in the camp of those Glock shooters who do just fine without one, and currently sit at an on demand sub 2-second reload anyways.
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

No live fire to confirm this but I did find a use for a magwell for me.

On a G19, Gen 4 specifically, with the medium beavertail backstrap trimmed down and a Freya the 19 will point the same as a 17 for me and still benefit with a shorter grip. Not a huge deal really as grip chops are easy but this isn't permanent and can be done quickly. I can set up two G19's for the price of one chopped from a reputable shop, accounting for shipping back and forth.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List