Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock concealment magwells, any experiencies?

Glock concealment magwells, any experiencies?

The three I was most interested in are the agency arms, the Suarez international and the raven. But any input would be greatly appreciated as far as enhancing grip, maintaining concealabilty, and cleaning up sloppy reloads. Are they worth it or just a waste?

Sort of related - I just removed a magwell from my Lone Wolf frame G34 I use for IDPA. I have had one too many mags not get seated properly. Nothing like dropping a mag unexpectedly. Personally, I chose to work on cleaning up my reloads rather than risk not getting a mag seated. Even when I tried to slow down and get it in there good ....

I personally would practice reloads for free in dry fire than spend money on a magwell. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    Sort of related - I just removed a magwell from my Lone Wolf frame G34 I use for IDPA. I have had one too many mags not get seated properly. Nothing like dropping a mag unexpectedly. Personally, I chose to work on cleaning up my reloads rather than risk not getting a mag seated. Even when I tried to slow down and get it in there good ....
    Yeah I think a magwell that requires you to slow down is a solution searching for a problem.

If you want to put a magwell on a Glock, I'd carefully analyze what problem I (think I) have and how the magwell will solve that problem.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I don't object to the idea of a concealable magwell on a glock. That said, I would have to go with the thought process of working on perfect practice until the point of unconscious competence in speed reloads.

Don't work on your reloads until you get it right. Work on them until you cannot get them wrong.

A magwell might also prevent you from using an aftermarket baseplate such as the LAV ones .... If you use such an animal.

I've been happy with using Glockmeister plugs in the past to improve my reloads, other than that practice will be best.

I did however pre-order a Raven Freya for compact Gen4s so I'll give my thoughts once it shows up. The 17 fits my hand better but overall I prefer the size of the 19 and the size of the Freya seems to bridge that gap and make the 19 exactly what I want so I'm going to give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SOUTHNARC
    T&Eing the 19 magwell right now. It's soon to find a home on a Boresight Solutions G17 grip chop. I'll post pics when the project is done. As nice as Clint's 17 magwell is, and as good as it works I have to say that the 19 rendition does it's specific duty probably at least 5 times better. To me it's a must have that simply makes that gun run significantly better. Pinching your hand on reloads? Gone. The perfect extra smidgen of length to make that 19 handle more like a 17 and STILL have a more concealable footprint than it's larger brother? Done. You know how a Commander just hits that perfect sweet spot for a lot of people compared to a full size 1911 for concealment? That's kind of what's happening here. I'm REALLY taken with it.

http://www.lightfighter.net/topic/se...ne-well?page=4

Glockmeister grip plug. Inexpensive, legal in Production/CO, and appreciated by SLG.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The title of this thread confuses me. I was unaware of any magwells made for Glocks that improve their concealability. I thought the only guys who used them were specifically not concerned with concealment. Or practice. Or the actual mission that a pistol is for.*

*USPSA or other game-oriented shooters are, of course, exempt from my sarcasm. They should also feel free to use Beretta 1301's.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    The title of this thread confuses me. I was unaware of any magwells made for Glocks that improve their concealability. I thought the only guys who used them were specifically not concerned with concealment. Or practice. Or the actual mission that a pistol is for.*

*USPSA or other game-oriented shooters are, of course, exempt from my sarcasm. They should also feel free to use Beretta 1301's.
    Shallow attempt at rant failed. You, of anyone here, should know mag wells are NOT legal in Pro and CO, the two most Glock friendly USPSA divisions.
    Last edited by GJM; 04-04-2016 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Spell better
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List