View Poll Results: What color do you prefer?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Red

41 40.20%
  • Green

59 57.84%
  • Other

2 1.96%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red vs Green Fiber Optic Front Sights

I use red. The green is marginally brighter, but for me the red just seems to contrast better against a wider variety of targets - including when it is not at optimal brightness. In those lower light conditions, the green seemed yellowy and washed out - more like a hole in my front sight, than a part of it.

I'm willing to concede there may be some confirmation bias as red/orange colored front sights are simply what I'm used to seeing. I think either is plenty bright.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 04-04-2016 at 07:18 PM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I definitely prefer the green. In lowlight situations or overcast weather, the green FO sticks out much more to me.

Red washes out rather easily to my eyes.

When I do use fiber optic sights, I find that red is much easier to find. I'm not sure if its just the green fibers from Dawson or if its my eyes, but whenever I've used green I've always found myself actually hunting for the fiber. With red, that's not the case.

I don't think I have ever tried green... been using FOs for about 5 years now. Will report back.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I've always run red. A few weeks ago I switched to green. I'm not gonna lie, I took a stoeger class and he had green so I switched. I think I like it. Not sure if I can see it better or there is a placebo effect.

It does seem brighter in sun and shadow though. Could be my glowing fanboyism lighting it up or it might actually be brighter.
    Last edited by Luke; 04-05-2016 at 09:08 AM.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    I used to think almost everyone shot red, and that's basically all I ever see in the competitive world.
    Don't be too sure of that. Most high level competitive dudes I know run green. Not really a difference in daylight for me, but I see the green better indoors and low light.
    TY83544

Ameriglo CAP/tritium insert in red.

Its like a big red neon sign. I find it instantaneously.

Name:  cap.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  4.5 KB
    Last edited by StrikerFire; 04-05-2016 at 09:19 AM. Reason: clarity

Green. I always ran red before. My M&P pro came with green installed and it is a lot easier for me to track compared to red. Installed yellow HDs on my Glock 19 and while not exactly green I find them easier to track compared to orange also.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

I am like TheRoland, I prefer green but not by enough to change inserts just to be changing color. If a red one breaks or kicks out, or gets dull, I put in green. But in the meanwhile, I shoot that gun with red.

I tried amber for a while, because a sight came with spares in red, green, and amber. It was not as sharp as either red or green and I soon replaced it.

I've run both red & green/yellow and my eyes prefer the red.

User Tag List