Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My Experience with SOE

Not surprised at all. Him and the Yeager clan are a bunch of morons. Vote with your wallet.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The OP or the SOE gear guy?
    SOE. He's had his Facebook page closed down before. His YouTube channel is full of rants on customers.

https://youtu.be/obpkAaVCC9w

I'm sorry the OP hadn't got the memo.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 04-04-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ottadad View Post
    It's not "I'm going to tell your mom" type behavior. It's, "hey you took a bunch of my money and did nothing for 20 weeks and won't get back to me so I'm trying to figure out what on earth to do about it" sort of behavior.
    I'm not sure why you thought ratting him out to the BBB was going to improve your situation. Did you order some weird combo like Kryptek Yeti with zombie green stitching?

I wanted a micro 12 gauge rig for a Louis Awerbuck shotgun class in early 2013. I messaged SOE saying I needed it for a specific date and asked if I would get it in time. This was before I ordered. Jon Willis messaged me rather quickly and said they were making them now and it would ship out quickly. I did get it in time for the class.

Looking just now through my email I placed another order for some shotgun cards, a belt and Peltor head wrap 8/23/13. I see it shipped 8/27/13.

Later I became aware of his online rants and boasting about his cars and watches. I now give other companies (Extreme Gear Labs, Tactical Tailor, Ares Gear, TYR) my business.

Glade you've had a good experience Hopeton. I ordered a riggers belt and admin pouch in plain jane coyote brown. And frankly I'm glad I mentioned the BBB... at least it finally got SOE to respond to my email. It was a last resort as I had emailed them multiple times prior. Not sure what else there was for me to do. I'm not just going to order something and just say, "send it whenever and charge me whenever your want." Something had to be done.

Why anyone gives SOE their business is beyond me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I stopped getting there stuff a few years ago, I'd love to get another vehicle med kit.

Quality product but I don't need to support his antics and his company's total lack of being responsive and not knowing if you will ever get a product.

I would just make believe the money burned in a fire and move on.

Reading that reminds me of Lyle McDonald. Someone would ask an innocent question and he'd just explode at the poor guy.

Turns out he had some sort of bipolar thing. Wonder if Willis is the same.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Wow. I usually consider myself pretty clued in on the crazy companies out there, but had no idea SOE had such a rep. I just bought a couple of shotgun cards and got them within a couple of weeks. I only got theirs because most other companies seem to make 5 or 7 shell versions, and I wanted a 6 shell version.

Though my experience was positive, I must say that seeing this BS makes me highly unlikely to purchase from them again. The thought that I'd be treated like this doesn't sit well with me.

In my business, I deal with crazy clients all the time (opposite of this situation). However, no matter how crazy the client, the threat of litigation and getting legal involved gets everyone's attention.

He has a "tough guy" facade, but if threatened with legal action, you'd get his attention. The BBB thing didn't work because he doesn't belong.

He's seriously a POS. I hate that he even sales any of his overpriced crap.

Well... the irony of the whole thing is it turns out the BBB thing did work. My order shipped within a few minutes of me mentioning them, and it didn't ship the multiple times I contacted SOE before. I ordered from them on recommendation from a friend, obviously some people are very satisfied with their product. But the risk of a company taking your money and saying "no refunds, and we will ship you something whenever we want and after you've emailed us a few times" just isn't worth it.

User Tag List