Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems reported with Lipseys Combat Operator 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It's not "the Combat Operator", it's "THE COMBAT OPERATOR!" you have to say it with violence of action.
    And to be fair the roll mark is only OPERATOR.

Hang in there Vol. If it isn't lancing your face but running strong and hitting were it's pointed it's a screaming mass of fun.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    And to be fair the roll mark is only OPERATOR.

Hang in there Vol. If it isn't lancing your face but running strong and hitting were it's pointed it's a screaming mass of fun.
    I was disappointed with the heavy trigger when I first picked it up. When I shot it and my shots were so far away from POA I was sorely disappointed. I mean I thought it might be me adjusting to the trigger and sights at first. Then I realized it wasn't me. I still second guessed myself and pulled out my carry G43 and drilled the small circles on the TLG targets. OK - so it's NOT me. I then started getting the FTRBs and the stovepipe. I was so pissed I immediately came home, cleaned it, took pics, and posted it for sale. I started feeling bad after sleeping on it and took the listing down the next day as I don't want to dump it on some chump. I'll wait until it gets back and decide what I want to do. I have a local buyer that was already PMing me wanting it baaaaaaad. I told him the deal and said I had to send it back to SA and if I got it back and it worked ... and I didn't keep it .... I'd PM him and give him first shot at it. Given the limited availability I should be able to get out from under it without losing any money. Mainly, I wanted a new gun. I missed having a 1911 but didn't want to get another .45acp. This one has turned me off though and now I'd almost just as soon get my money back out of it and buy something else to make me smile for a minute.

... maybe I need to give the P30 another shot. I wouldn't mind trying the baby version ... what is it the P30SK?
    Last edited by VolGrad; 04-05-2016 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    ... maybe I need to give the P30 another shot. I wouldn't mind trying the baby version ... what is it the P30SK?
    Or maybe an example of God's gun that isn't chambered in .380 longrifle.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Or maybe an example of God's gun that isn't chambered in .380 longrifle.
    Nope. I don't want to get back into .45acp. Otherwise, I'd likely have already bought the Wilson that popped up for sale yesterday on this site.

Site Supporter
    If not, Dan Wesson is now doing Valors in 9mm.

The Colt Competitions in 9mm are supposedly turning out to be decent as well.

Of course, I was trying to be somewhat humorous about the name of the gun. It's not the OP's fault that some marketing wizard thought COMBAT OPERATOR! was a good name. I have been known to carry a Professional Operator a time or two, though that one should be said professional operator, in order to remain a quiet professional.

I miss the days of the Outdoorsman, the Combat Magnum, etc., but these days aren't those days, and I much prefer the 19/17/229/226 line of gun naming today. At least compared to COMBAT OPERATOR!

Can I safely say Rant Off? Nevermind, I'll stick with rant off. Sorry for the derail.

And for the record, I would never recommend a Kimber 1911 today. I was merely saying that my two examples have done very well.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I was disappointed with the heavy trigger when I first picked it up. When I shot it and my shots were so far away from POA I was sorely disappointed. I mean I thought it might be me adjusting to the trigger and sights at first. Then I realized it wasn't me. I still second guessed myself and pulled out my carry G43 and drilled the small circles on the TLG targets. OK - so it's NOT me. I then started getting the FTRBs and the stovepipe. I was so pissed I immediately came home, cleaned it, took pics, and posted it for sale. I started feeling bad after sleeping on it and took the listing down the next day as I don't want to dump it on some chump. I'll wait until it gets back and decide what I want to do. I have a local buyer that was already PMing me wanting it baaaaaaad. I told him the deal and said I had to send it back to SA and if I got it back and it worked ... and I didn't keep it .... I'd PM him and give him first shot at it. Given the limited availability I should be able to get out from under it without losing any money. Mainly, I wanted a new gun. I missed having a 1911 but didn't want to get another .45acp. This one has turned me off though and now I'd almost just as soon get my money back out of it and buy something else to make me smile for a minute.

You have perfectly demonstrated why I bought the Wilson. I was worried about just this sort of issue.

The irony is that now I'm far more open to buying a Colt in 9mm than I was before I bought the Wilson.
    3/15/2016

What's funny is my first 1911 was a Kimber. I can't remember which model but it was a pretty entry level with the only upgrade being night sights. I bought it for like $600 NIB at my local cop shop and wanted to see if I even liked the platform before I started dropping large piles of cash on "good ones". I never had the first issue with it. Ran great and was very accurate. It might not have been operator grade hardware but for what I wanted at the time it worked great. Considering it ran well and I had little $ in it - I really wish I still had that one for when I want to go shoot a 1911.

Seriously considered buying one of these. Really wanted a full size 9mm 1911. Glad I went a different route.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Of course, I was trying to be somewhat humorous about the name of the gun. It's not the OP's fault that some marketing wizard thought COMBAT OPERATOR! was a good name. I have been known to carry a Professional Operator a time or two, though that one should be said professional operator, in order to remain a quiet professional.

I miss the days of the Outdoorsman, the Combat Magnum, etc., but these days aren't those days, and I much prefer the 19/17/229/226 line of gun naming today. At least compared to COMBAT OPERATOR!

Can I safely say Rant Off? Nevermind, I'll stick with rant off. Sorry for the derail.

And for the record, I would never recommend a Kimber 1911 today. I was merely saying that my two examples have done very well.
    I am waiting for a case where the name of the gun (CQB) or the name of the manufacturer (Wilson Combat) is used to show that the shooter was predisposed to causing mayhem or willing to escalate a situation. We already have issues with people putting stupid sayings on AR dust covers, so it is only a matter of time.

I am not a Kimber fan, but I have one (out of a few I have owned) Series II that runs quite well. Of course, I have replaced many parts, including a broken thumb safety, to get to the gun to this point.
    Last edited by farscott; 04-06-2016 at 07:50 AM.

User Tag List