Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Problems reported with Lipseys Combat Operator 9mm

Pure fun shooting this. The two stage kaaCHUNK feeling recoils is gone. Smooth like the .45s.

Loose relaxed grip in slowfire will cause a fail to go into battery but firm SHO/WHO does not. This seems to be decreasing over a few hundred rounds.

Easy to hit fast.

Attachment 19234
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Kevin B evaluated the pistol yesterday. In there is a 25 yard offhand 100 with 8 or 9 X's. Lawman 115 gr
    Attachment 20871
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Kevin B evaluated the pistol yesterday. In there is a 25 yard offhand 100 with 8 or 9 X's. Lawman 115 gr
    Attachment 20871
    That pistol is exceptionally accurate; perhaps the most accurate pistol I have ever shot. I genuinely enjoyed shooting it. Thanks again for letting me run some rounds through it.
    C Class shooter.

Riddle me this?

I use a 6:00 hold on the B8 to impact the 10 ring.

Kevin B held on the X for that.

Waaaaaat?

Everyone sees sights differently. I had an exceptional shooter hitting 2” low with a pistol zeroed to me at +/- 15 yards? It’s weird.

Attachment 20871
    Holy baby Jesus - that's some shooting! That would definitely go on my refrigerator - or the door of my office...

Riddle me this?

I use a 6:00 hold on the B8 to impact the 10 ring.

Kevin B held on the X for that.

Waaaaaat?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Everyone sees sights differently. I had an exceptional shooter hitting 2” low with a pistol zeroed to me at +/- 15 yards? It’s weird.
    Without discounting different perceptions by different shooters, I think the FO front may be a factor as well.

When we shooting the "credit card" of a USPSA target at 25 yards, I had two rounds go about an inch high. For both of those shots I realized (too late) I was holding the top of the FO at the intended POI, not the top of the front sight. I think that is also what happened with the one shot I put high into the 10-ring in the slow fire group.

I suspect if one were to align the top of the FO with the top of the rear sight, the rounds would go high by a similar amount. Some combination of the two would likely put you around three inches high at 25 yards necessitating a 6:00 hold.
    C Class shooter.

That could be it. I don't see so good. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Holy baby Jesus - that's some shooting! That would definitely go on my refrigerator - or the door of my office...
    It was fun to see. We walk down and check each hit individually. I tried to keep my commentary in check. Like in golf.
    Last edited by JHC; 10-15-2017 at 04:35 PM.

Site Supporter
    It was fun to see. We walk down and check each hit individually. I tried to keep my commentary in check. Like in golf.
    I can tolerate many four letter words but the G word is the most offensive.

User Tag List