Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems reported with Lipseys Combat Operator 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Or you can just stay committed to your Glocks and send that 1911 my way. <3
    It was an anniversary gift about a year ago man!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    It was an anniversary gift about a year ago man!
    Best be keeping that pistol then (and the awesome gift giver).

Correction: I grossly overstated the round count. I see I attributed the round count of another 1911. This one is just over 1500.

Saturday I was shooting many reps of D2 to the Gabe School 4" circle from concealment; OWB under an open coat. 7 yards

I was comparing this performance against my RTF2 G19 and my five fastest clean runs were all with the Operator.

1.98/2.09/2.11/2.16/2.25
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

D2 to the Gabe School 4" circle
    That's a good metric. Think about shooting the Rangemaster Core Handgun Skill Test (https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?247-Rangemaster-Tom-Givens-Handgun-Core-Skills-Test) with each gun -- I find it pretty enlightening, really well balanced.

Unfortunately there is no metric for cool and good looking; but I'm pretty sure the 1911 pushes you farther toward McQueen and away from Yeager.
    Last edited by JAD; 01-30-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Another 150 rounds ran smoothly today. Some F2S practice using a facsimile of a 4" circle. She's fast. I have to temper my right foot so to speak. Some hits some misses. Heavy for 9mm pistols are a whale of a lot of fun.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/

I have to temper my right foot so to speak.
    I muttered the same "way too fast" after a drill yesterday, verbatim, tone and everything. Made me grin.

Also, there's this thing called gravel.

Another 150 rounds ran smoothly today. Some F2S practice using a facsimile of a 4" circle. She's fast. I have to temper my right foot so to speak. Some hits some misses. Heavy for 9mm pistols are a whale of a lot of fun.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/780361...posted-public/
    Video, fun!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Just over 2000 rounds now and it continues to run great. It will shoot Federal 147 +P HST, Critical Duty 135 +P and 124 grain +P HST into 3-4" five shot groups that overlap each other inside the black of the B8 at 25 yards. I don't know how much tighter it will group; I'll need to find a human ransom rest to gauge that.

However, 147 standard pressure HSTs grouped high outside/above the bull.

Site Supporter
    However, 147 standard pressure HSTs grouped high outside/above the bull.
    That's interesting as I've had good accuracy in my 1911s with the standard pressure 147gr HST. But I'm probably not a good enough shooter to appreciate whether they are sufficiently accurate at 25 yards.

Glad to hear your pistol is running great.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    That's interesting as I've had good accuracy in my 1911s with the standard pressure 147gr HST. But I'm probably not a good enough shooter to appreciate whether they are sufficiently accurate at 25 yards.

Glad to hear your pistol is running great.
    They just impacted high, due simply to a lower velocity I assume.

It's running so well, I'm eyeballing a .45 version of the same gun in my LGS.

I shoot my Dave Sams .45 to tighter groups at 25 so I sense this Operator is not super precise. But then, I can easily turn the bushing by hand on it, and remove it to disassemble whereas on the Sams gun I need the wrench to turn the bushing and its hard as hell to do that. I've never had that bushing OFF the barrel. I tried, it won't easily so I don't.

User Tag List