Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I Buy A Delta Elite?

Should I Buy A Delta Elite?

Thread title says most of it. It would be one of the current production ones (probably the 2 Tone). It wouldn't be digesting a ton of heavy loads (for the most part, probably just factory ball ammo). Not really a wood gun either (I have plenty of those already). Mostly just a nostalgic piece for fun.

Sure, if you like 1911's and 10mm.

This board is full of enablers..so, yes by all means get one

If you do ever want to turn it into a woods gun, it's a good platform. In many ways it is better than the Glock 20 at digesting heavy loads. In addition to changing the recoil spring rate, you can change the firing pin stop to a longer, flat bottomed one, and change the main spring rate, all of which help retard slide velocity. All you can do with the Glock is change the recoil spring rate, which also slams the slide home that much quicker and harder and can create feeding issues. Also, wide meplat loads tend to feed better out of a single stack mag.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

If you've got the scratch and are looking for an excuse to spend it I'm happy to help. Buy it.

I shot one once, and it was crazy tight (everywhere. Like magazines werwnt dropping free) but that 10mm really made a wallop. Cool gun. The guy who owned it was pretty happy with himself for buying it and was happy to show it off. I imagine I would be too.

-Cory

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cor_man257 View Post
    If you've got the scratch and are looking for an excuse to spend it I'm happy to help. Buy it.

I shot one once, and it was crazy tight (everywhere. Like magazines werwnt dropping free) but that 10mm really made a wallop. Cool gun. The guy who owned it was pretty happy with himself for buying it and was happy to show it off. I imagine I would be too.

-Cory
    IME Colts have pretty poorly fit mag catches, but a stroke or two of a file fixes that easily.

I say buy it

You can convert it to .40 for a gamer gun later on with a barrel, spring and new mags and have what all the single stack major guys shoot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

You could also buy conversion barrels in .40 S&W, .357 SIG and 9x25 Dillion and tote the whole business around in a fitted case.

Crap. Now I want one....
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    IME Colts have pretty poorly fit mag catches, but a stroke or two of a file fixes that easily.

I say buy it

You can convert it to .40 for a gamer gun later on with a barrel, spring and new mags and have what all the single stack major guys shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    You could also buy conversion barrels in .40 S&W, .357 SIG and 9x25 Dillion and tote the whole business around in a fitted case.

Crap. Now I want one....

The question now becomes: 2 tone (black slide, stainless frame) or all stainless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Bruh that's not a question at all... Pachmayr Combat special look has been the titties since Frank first started making them...

Coolest. Guns. Evah.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Bruh that's not a question at all... Pachmayr Combat special look has been the titties since Frank first started making them...

Coolest. Guns. Evah.

This thread is making me contemplate how wrong it is that I used to own a two tone 1911, but don't anymore.

User Tag List