Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need advice for a new range/target pistol

How about punch holes with a .22lr or a .22mag pistol? Would seem to be a good hole puncher.

I have a Sig Level One X-five in 9mm. It is perfect....costly but perfect...CRAZY accurate...uber reliable.....I can hit 8" plates at 100 yards off hand 8 out of 10 times. the two I miss are my fault. At 25 yards it is amazing
    Last edited by gqllc007; 04-05-2016 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pew_pew View Post
    Tanfoglio stock 2 with a trigger job by Jim Bodkin. There's a reason CZ's, tanfoglios, and glocks dominate production.
    The Stock 2 is crazy accurate, the stock trigger is god awful, you will need a trigger job, don't even bother to shoot it, get the trigger job.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I would make an offer on Digiroc's Kimber CDP or JHC's 9mm Springfield from Lipsey's.
    I think I'll keep the Kimber now that it is all sorted out. It's the backup to the Aitlite:

Name:  Kimber & Airlite.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  36.1 KB

As far as range guns I have a S&W 5906 n 9mm that is economical and fun to shoot and I just added it's big brother the rare and powerful 1006 in 10mm that's a blast to shoot. They both have the exact stock sights and grip angle and width so practice with the 9 transfers to the 10:

Name:  IMG_1006.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  57.7 KB

Digiroc

I'm not sure what people are saying here...because it is disturbing. Accurate, hand-fitted, awesome to shoot?

Sig P210
    Smith and Wesson 952
    Sig P226 X-Five
    Custom Browning Hi-Power
    CZ Tactical Sport
    STI 2011 in 9mm

In that order.

I guarantee you, you will not find a finer handgun to shot than a P210 or a 952.

-Rob
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 04-13-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm not sure what people are saying here...because it is disturbing. Accurate, hand-fitted, awesome to shoot?

Sig P210
    Smith and Wesson 952
    Sig P226 X-Five
    Custom Browning Hi-Power
    CZ Tactical Sport
    STI 2011 in 9mm

In that order.

I guarantee you, you will not find a finer handgun to shot than a P210 or a 952.

-Rob
    That is pretty much my list, with a few changes. My version:

1. S&W 952-2
    2. David Sams Custom 1911 in 9x19
    3. SIG P210
    4. SVI 2011 in 9x19
    5. Browning Hi-Power by Ted Yost

The S&W 952-2 is first because it is one you can buy off the shelf and easily find magazines, and it gives up nothing to any of the others other than magazine capacity. The others are either custom and/or the magazines are hard to find.

My HK USP .45 Match pistols were stupid accurate out of the box, no work required. Like 2" at the 25 with every jacketed bullet I could load in the gun type accurate.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by gqllc007 View Post
    I have a Sig Level One X-five in 9mm. It is perfect....costly but perfect...CRAZY accurate...uber reliable.....I can hit 8" plates at 100 yards off hand 8 out of 10 times. the two I miss are my fault. At 25 yards it is amazing
    Yes I just thought of this. I've always lusted after one of these for some reason.
    http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProdu...226-x-six.aspx

It just is different without being stupid.

Glock 34 MOS. Inexpensive comparing to other options, very soft to shoot, accurate, reliable, great track record, a ton of aftermarket option that you can exercise yourself, you can get a cool stippling later. Tired of shooting irons - put a dot on it, it is a new gun now. CZs and Tanfos are special needs guns comparing to 34.

My Backyard Shooting Range

Here is the range I have setup in my backyard, farthest target out is 50yds:

Name:  Backyard Range.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  100.0 KB

I was shooting my "new" S&W 1006 out there today and one of the local cops showed up. He liked my 10mm and we compared notes. His service pistol is a Sig 220 in .45 we traded for a few shots and I must say the Sig is nice. Typical .45 recoil but nice trigger and sights for a cop gun. The 10mm recoil is a bit sharper, but the weight of the 1006 soaks up a lot of it.

I shot a 50 round box of FMJ and 20 rounds of Hornay 180 gr XTP's

Digiroc

EDIT: Close up of target just across the bridge with 10mm holes:

Name:  1006 target.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  30.8 KB
    Last edited by Digiroc; 04-15-2016 at 04:30 PM.

User Tag List