Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Draw Speed, Mexican Carry, Situational Awareness and other "Magic Tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I recognize that I can ignore a thread. I just think the back and forth trolling may be taken by someone outside of the community to be serious. I can only imagine someone being on a witness stand and the prosecutor saying, "And he actually agreed with throwing salt in the wounds of the man he shot..."

I think playing with the troll is fun or whatever, but I just don't see it as being a good policy. I read stuff here instead of doodie forum for a reason.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I sincerely hope one day I have the opportunity to buy you a beer.

I won't even put roofies in it.
    But I mean even if you did...

Name:  51i3oYez4iL._UX385_.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  16.5 KB
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

I think pocket sand -- sorry, salt -- has been deployed.
    I prefer pointing over the bad guy's shoulder and yelling "hey look at that interesting thing over there!" before deploying my tactical banana cream pie.
    Last edited by LorenzoS; 04-04-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I'm not SLG, nor do I play him on TV, but generally, CI's are criminals / lowlifes first and only become CI's to save themselves when the get caught doing something else. A CI basically like having a pet rattle snake.
    Not always true. I have had friends that did deep undercover work for the feds that were not dirt bags, and we also used one of US Custom's guys who was a good friend of mine to do some stuff we could not have a sworn officer do. They do exist. In these cases, instead of working off cases like a dirtbag, they were actually paid and did very solid reliable work, but mostly VERY specialized stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Digiroc View Post
    Hey I knew that! I just didn't expect it coming from here. I was thinking Civilian Voter, Cylinder Velocity, ect

Just goes to show you that situational awareness needs to account for the unexpected. You can see where things are coming from, but only if you can look in all directions. Partnering up makes sense, even if it only means arming a housewife with your BUG ( <<< See what I did there? I used an acronym. err, unless it means a Bug Out Gun).

Off topic (is there a topic?) Name a gun you own that you would take as a "Bug Out Gun" The oft fantasized collapse of the rule of Law and any other caticlisum you might fear. I now get it that this is the "Romper Room" so let's romp.

D
    Well, I carry HK's so I am a bit of a sophisticated individual and some knowledge of common Latin is expected. Your inability to pick that up in context to the conversation gives great insight into your situational awareness....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Along with pocket pool, evidently.

We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I think it is time for me to disclose my professional credentials:

Mr. L. served in the Extra-Special Forces where he specialized in short bus assaults (or maybe he and his team traveled in a short bus).

Mr. L. worked as a special adviser to the Batista regime in Cuba where he instrumented an assassination attempt on Hyman Roth.

Mr. L. was a flight attendant on the plane on which Michael Echanis got shot down over Lake Nicaragua.

Mr. L. served as a firearms consultant to the TV shows I Love Lucy and Seinfeld.

Mr. L. served as body double for Matthew McConaughey in the movie Magic Mike.

Mr. L. wears a ballistic helmet not for his protection, but for yours.

Rigger (Master rated parachute type)
    ~D

What's your seal #?
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mnealtx View Post
    What's your seal #?
    KCX if memory serves it's been years (25 or 30) since I packed any parachute, much less an emergency one. I did break out my skydiving rig a couple (or three) years ago, thinking to make a jump on my 65th Birthday. Unfortunately my leg was in a "Boot" at the time from a chainsaw cut so I was forced to abandon that idea. (maybe my 70th!):

Name:  Cloud Lite.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  55.4 KB

Hmm ... Still looks good after 25 years in the bag, no mice or Roaches jumped out .. I'd try it, would You?

Additional edit: I see you are in Kosovo mmnealtx, I was nearby (in what is now Slovakia) in Bled, Yugoslavia attending the 1970 World Parachuting Championship as a member of the United States Parachute Team. In addition to being a Master Parachute Rigger, I'm also a commercial Pilot, and have well over 2000 freefall parachute jumps.

~D
    Last edited by Digiroc; 04-04-2016 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Or Three; time flys when you're having fun

KCX if memory serves it's been years (25 or 30) since I packed any parachute, much less an emergency one. I did break out my skydiving rig a couple (or three) years ago, thinking to make a jump on my 65th Birthday. Unfortunately my leg was in a "Boot" at the time from a chainsaw cut so I was forced to abandon that idea. (maybe my 70th!):

Name:  Cloud Lite.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  55.4 KB

Hmm ... Still looks good after 25 years in the bag, no mice or Roaches jumped out .. I'd try it, would You?

Additional edit: I see you are in Kosovo mmnealtx, I was nearby (in what is now Slovakia) in Bled, Yugoslavia attending the 1970 World Parachuting Championship as a member of the United States Parachute Team. In addition to being a Master Parachute Rigger, I'm also a commercial Pilot, and have well over 2000 freefall parachute jumps.

~D
    If parachuting is your thing, then you be warned that carrying a Kimber Micro is like jumping without a 'chute.

User Tag List