Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First can decisions

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    Could you get a 9mm or 45 can in 1/28 and run it as a .22lr?
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1459728009097.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  42.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1459728018576.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  44.6 KB

It's definetely noticeable weight - probably 9oz vs 6oz. - and thats a K can at 9oz.

Iron sights may be close as well.

I will run it as an extra on a rifle when my kids are shooting off a bench but not on a pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1459728009097.jpg
Views: 304
Size:  42.8 KBName:  uploadfromtaptalk1459728018576.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  44.6 KB

It's definetely noticeable weight - probably 9oz vs 6oz. - and thats a K can at 9oz.

Iron sights may be close as well.

I will run it as an extra on a rifle when my kids are shooting off a bench but not on a pistol.
    I was thinkng an Octane K from SiCo sinc my prefered dealer does not really do Griffins anymore. Avg 118 on a 10/22 is not bad in general.

Then when the kids are old enough get another .22 can. Already have a Warlock 2.

Revolution 45 and Checkmates will be available next week

I really like my SWR Spectre II. Plenty quiet, and all stainless. I chose it for durability and sound. It has impressed me in both areas.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I wish that was an option, but I've only known one person who owned one and that was a few years ago (holy crap, I think it was 6+ by now). It was enough to imprint upon me the "gotta have" though.
    In that case, I will reverse myself.

Buy whatever .22 take apart can floats your boat from an ESTABLISHED maker with a HISTORY of making cans.

Personally, neither of your proposed options meet both those criteria for me, but YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I really like my SWR Spectre II. Plenty quiet, and all stainless. I chose it for durability and sound. It has impressed me in both areas.
    The Spectre II is a gold standard at this point. It's a safe recommendation that has been tested left and right but is still up there with the rest in suppression.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 04-04-2016 at 08:49 AM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    The Spectre II is a gold standard at this point. It's a safe recommendation that has been tested left and right but is still up there with the rest in suppression.
    Yep. It's a durable, "no surprises" option. It's like a colt 6920. May not be super sexy, but it runs just fine and there are a ton out there proving it.

A nice, to the point, no blabbering FRP comparison video using pistol and long gun....

Last edited by StraitR; 04-04-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    A nice, to the point, no blabbering FRP comparison video using pistol and long gun....

Good video from Dead Air showing how well their can performs but also an affirmation to what's been said above....

The Spectre II has awesome performance, is established and also cheaper than nearly anything but the all aluminum cans.

So many good choices.

I second the Spectre II. It's inexpensive, quiet, and durable. I like the comparison to the Colt 6920
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

User Tag List