Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What's so hard doing about felony stops?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    You guys are always tons of fun to chat with when you show up to the ED, FYI. Definitely provide some of the more interesting lacs to repair too.
    I've only dealt with one PA in an ER who was anti cop and was horrified that we used dogs to apprehend people. Unfortunately I discovered her true colors after she stitched up my leg one night.

Everyone else has been outstanding. It's amazing how many medical people have relatives or spouses in LE.

You'd like my current dog.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I've only dealt with one PA in an ER who was anti cop and was horrified that we used dogs to apprehend people. Unfortunately I discovered her true colors after she stitched up my leg one night.

Everyone else has been outstanding. It's amazing how many medical people have relatives or spouses in LE.

I've heard ER nurses ask dudes in custody "did the officer beat you? Was it brutality? Dont worry ill document your injuries for court." We dont go to that hospital anymore..
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I've heard ER nurses ask dudes in custody "did the officer beat you? Was it brutality? Dont worry ill document your injuries for court." We dont go to that hospital anymore..
    My wife has zero sympathy for chewed up suspects.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    I've seen both sides of that spectrum. Fortunately the overwhelming majority of nurses I've dealt with have been great, and clearly on our side. Did have one ER nurse when I got a minor (human) bite on my trigger finger years ago tell me the doctor would refuse to see me unless I left my gun outside. I refused, so she tried to get me to lock it in a locker in a closet. I again refused. Funny, the Doc never mentioned the evil gun on my hip. She was supposed to irrigate and clean the wound. The nurse put the saline pump so close she filled up my finger with water, pushing germs into the joint. And no antibiotics. For a human bite. Next day I had to have emergency surgery to save my hand from a massive strep infection. Hospital closed a year later after CDC investigated a cluster of serious infections post treatment.

On the other end....arrested a drunk for assaulting an elderly homeless gal in a wheelchair with a 2x4. Actually on-viewed that one. Eskimo gal...she had a big old male malamute named Bosco tied to her chair. Before we got out of the car, Bosco unleashed himself and almost ripped the drunks leg off. When he saw us, the dog looked like he was thinking, "Ok, cops are here. They got this." He just went and laid down next to his lady. At the ER to treat our suspect for the dog bite, the ER nurse asked what happened. I told her, and she got that look. "Drunk, huh? Well, we don't want him to piss himself here." Grabbed his manhood and catheterized him......sans lube. Imagine the scream.

I watched a black ER doc staple a dude's scalp closed without numbing him up first after the drunk ass called him a f-in n*****. There are some people you just don't want to have pissed at you.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Do NOT make ER nurses mad at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Do NOT make ER nurses mad at you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Never. Always do what nurses say. Always.

Site Supporter

I think there's just something about cops and medical professionals...Work long hours, deal with unreasonable or actually insane "customers"....oh and the hilarious stories I've heard from other nurses can only be topped by the hilarious stories I've heard from police officers.

It's like peanut butter and jelly

As someone with an outsiders's perspective:

Interesting to read these accounts of these "old-school" street rules that nyeti has mentioned.

User Tag List