Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's so hard doing about felony stops?

That stuff actually pisses me off to no end. The first people getting days off are staff, the on scene supervisor who obviously was not able to and almost everyone there. The job is dangerous enough without total lack of an iota of discipline creating the hazards.

One thing I learned VERY early through the discipline process was if you were not one of the primary cars in a pursuit and close enough to effectively parallel, the best thing you could do was roll center city and make yourself available for hot calls knowing there is a shortage of manpower. It is amazing.....all this modern communications and nobody can form a take down plan.....total amateur hour.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Amateur hour. I'm really surprised nobody smoked him when he got back in and started backing up. Love the huddle.

I agree with nyeti. Total lack of supervision.
    Last edited by Lon; 04-01-2016 at 08:21 PM.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    all this modern communications and nobody can form a take down plan.....total amateur hour.
    I don't chase anymore and not because it's almost impossible to do within policy. Since we've come up with a super restrictive violent felony only chase policy, we have a handful of chases a year, it really is an overwhelming experience for a lot of officers. The guys doing the chasing will get on the radio and by the way they are screaming, we'd think they were being chased by a hungry bear.

I'm not surprised, take away the experience and learning opportunities, provide no training and immerse officers in a high stress situation and get shitty outcome.

The only two cops out that were in control, were the two that ripped the suspect out of the pig pile and tried to stuff him in a car, so that everyone else would try not to get their licks in.
    Last edited by pablo; 04-01-2016 at 09:00 PM.

I'm no technical wizard, but start watching this at around the 12:30 mark. These dudes know what they are doing. I showed this one to my guys at roll call as an excellent example.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The guys doing the chasing will get on the radio and by the way they are screaming, we'd think they were being chased by a hungry bear.

Our guys quickly learned that I would terminate a chase immediately if the chase officer sounded too spun up. The guys who got on the radio and sounded like an airline pilot making announcements were the guys I let chase.

If you can't control yourself you can't control the situation.

If I was the watch commander for troops in that video I'd give every single one of them days off, and seriously think about busting any supervisors back a rank.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

This thread demonstrates one of the fundamental problems with how we talk about policing in this country: the fact that we talk about "The Cops" like they were one giant, homogeneous entity.

You can show this to cops from one jurisdiction and they wouldn't see the problem. You can show it to some of the folks on this forum, and folks from departments that are at least semi-squared away, and they start talking about giving people days off.

I don't think outsiders looking in realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    This thread demonstrates one of the fundamental problems with how we talk about policing in this country: the fact that we talk about "The Cops" like they were one giant, homogeneous entity.

You can show this to cops from one jurisdiction and they wouldn't see the problem. You can show it to some of the folks on this forum, and folks from departments that are at least semi-squared away, and they start talking about giving people days off.

I don't think outsiders looking in realize that.
    It's almost like Newhall never even happened....................
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

My favorite is when folks start screaming commands out using the radio mic instead of the p.a. Oopsie!

The two officers that almost got pinched between the suspect's car, the fence and the SUV....holy smokes, that was a close one. I don't mean to Monday Morning QB but that dual-weilding Taser/Pistol guy, yikes! We don't have K-9s but I've never considered K-9s attacking each other, that was incredible. When I watch these videos it amazes me because with every deputy, officer, trooper, game warden, Marshal, agent, desk rider, animal control, etc. available in my county on dayshift wouldn't even touch the resources there!
    Last edited by MD7305; 04-01-2016 at 09:55 PM.

I don't mmqb but what a bunch of retards!

User Tag List