Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HK P30 or USP9c

When comparing the ergonomics of the USP and P30 and concluding that they are worlds apart, is it just that the grip feels better?

I held a USPc the other day for the first time and it was actually pretty comfy, so I really would like to get my hands on the P30 to feel the difference.

P30 has the best ergonomic but just like HK45 (full size), its rough grip surface can be a real problem/pain for concealed carry without an undershirt.
    You may want to take a look at P2000 (similar barrel length, less ammo capacity, no 1913 rail and available LEM trigger)

I like the P30

I just purchased a P30 and have had it for two weeks and run about 400 rounds so far. I really like it and once I have a good holster it will replace my P228(w/E2 grips) as my EDC. However my HK experience is limited to the P30 since I have run Sigs and Glock for the last 10 years.

S/F

Thanks

Thank you to everyone who responded. I'm leaning towards the P30. First I have to get my taxes done so I'll know if I have to pay Uncle Sam or not.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris
    I am no longer LEO, never .MIL. I am .DAD and my attitude will reflect that.
    Cogito ergo armatus sum -- I think, therefore I am armed

Go with the P30 for all the previously mentioned reasons. The ergonomics can’t be beat.
    "Take the message to Garcia."

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader View Post
    When comparing the ergonomics of the USP and P30 and concluding that they are worlds apart, is it just that the grip feels better?
    There's more to it than that. You can get a better purchase on the grip because of the P30's texture. You can configure the grip so that it fits your hand better, which makes manipulations faster and more positive. You can ensure that the reach to the trigger is correct for your hand, which helps maximize your ability to properly control the trigger.

Holding the USP again felt like I was picking up a flintlock.

My local gun store had a used and new P30 in today... I bought the used one. Still had the original warranty card in the case too.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris

Sweet!

What did it set you back?

Quote Originally Posted by hombre gris View Post
    My local gun store had a used and new P30 in today... I bought the used one. Still had the original warranty card in the case too.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    ... which makes manipulations faster and more positive. You can ensure that the reach to the trigger is correct for your hand, which helps maximize your ability to properly control the trigger....
    Manipulations practice is key I found. Defintely a whole new experience compared to a SIG or Glock and would defintely advocate dry fire and dry magazine manipulations.

S/F

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I Think I made a Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Sweet!

What did it set you back?
    $699 plus tax.

Only problem is it is a V3 (DA/SA). I thought I could convert it to LEM, but according to the folks at hkpro.com conversion from V3 to LEM is not approved by HK. I may see if I'll be able to return it and find out what version the new one is.
    --
    Formerly hombre gris

User Tag List