Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: OSS Suppressor system: baffle-free design

I just purchased a 762ti and a 22 RAD last week as my do it all cans. Looking forward to messing with them.

@M1Garand @ScotchMan, which muzzle device are you running? Trying to decide between the flash hider, muzzle break or comp. Not seeing any reviews of any of them.

The can is going to live on an AR and get rotated to a .30-06 for hunting trips. I suspect once the can gets out of jail, I’ll never shoot unsuppressed again, so not sure if it matters.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I just purchased a 762ti and a 22 RAD last week as my do it all cans. Looking forward to messing with them.

@M1Garand @ScotchMan, which muzzle device are you running? Trying to decide between the flash hider, muzzle break or comp. Not seeing any reviews of any of them.

The can is going to live on an AR and get rotated to a .30-06 for hunting trips. I suspect once the can gets out of jail, I’ll never shoot unsuppressed again, so not sure if it matters.
    I have the Muzzle Brake's on the M1A and M4. Old style 7.62 Flash Suppressor on the 6.8 new style 7.62 Flash Suppressor on a M1A Socom. They all work, only issue with firing with just the brakes on prone is a lot of ground debris comes back at you.

I use the flash hider, I don't like brakes or comps, but like you I don't shoot much unsuppressed so it doesn't matter much.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchMan View Post
    It is brilliant that it uses left-handed threading, because it tightens with each shot.
    I'm not sure this is actually true. I know for handgun suppressors plenty of folks, myself included, where the left handed threading did not prevent the can from coming loose.

Well, it does here. It is a design feature they advertise, and it works. Maybe I am misunderstanding how it works.
    Join FPC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Garand View Post
    I have a HX-QD 7.62 mainly for a M1A but have used it for .223 and 6.8. It actually seems quieter on the M1A think it is the better "seal" on the end cap with the larger cal. And while working loads for the 6.8 there was no change in MV or POI with the can on. POI changed some on the M1A but think that was more to the position being used and the extra weight not recoiling as much.
    Did using the OSS can on the M1a require a modified gas system as with other suppressors or can you run it stock due to the reduced back pressure ?

Well, it does here. It is a design feature they advertise, and it works. Maybe I am misunderstanding how it works.
    Yeah, left-handed threading has long been advertised as such on cans. Whether or not it makes any practical difference, I have yet to see any compelling data about it; the theory behind it seems reasonable, but the real question is whether or not it actually provides any meaningful torque to actually keep the can on. It certainly can't hurt, I'm just not sure it actually really helps.

Mine doesn't walk off. You can very loosely put the can on, shoot a few shots, and then it requires a ton of force to remove. This is actually what the manual says to do. This is consistent with everything else I've read or seen on in videos. Don't know what else to tell you

I could see it being the difference between the overall muzzle energy differences in handgun and rifles, would stand to reason that more energy means more torque applied to the suppressor, but I am just speculating.
    Join FPC

Mine doesn't walk off. You can very loosely put the can on, shoot a few shots, and then it requires a ton of force to remove. This is actually what the manual says to do. This is consistent with everything else I've read or seen on in videos. Don't know what else to tell you

I could see it being the difference between the overall muzzle energy differences in handgun and rifles, would stand to reason that more energy means more torque applied to the suppressor, but I am just speculating.
    Ah, I hadn't been reading too closely, didn't realize that this was a part of a mounting system; this would make sense, as there is way more surface area and much coarser threading, rather than the direct thread cans that go on a left-hand threaded barrel. With a mount designed as such, I could see it working out just fine.

Oh maybe that's it. Yeah, muzzle device goes on normal (suggested to loc-tite, though I haven't on mine), then suppressor threads onto that lefty.
    Join FPC

User Tag List