Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: OSS Suppressor system: baffle-free design

I am curious what the pricing would be.

I look at that design and it screams machine time, lots of machine time. And as everyone knows machine time = money. And any defect would scrap the entire can rather than just a single baffle.
    Last edited by PPGMD; 04-05-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by Greenmachine View Post
    Questions send them I'll answer what I can or get you that answer...
    Chad,

I got to look at an OSS suppressor that was submitted for T&E that had a bunch of the tines/baffles broken off. I don't remember the model but it was tested 2013/2014. Is that an issue that's been addressed and can that type of breakage be fixed without requiring a new serial number?

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Chad,

I got to look at an OSS suppressor that was submitted for T&E that had a bunch of the tines/baffles broken off. I don't remember the model but it was tested 2013/2014. Is that an issue that's been addressed and can that type of breakage be fixed without requiring a new serial number?
    Absolutely, that was a previous gen can most likely a gen4 which was (my term) a mono coil style build. Where as the Gen V are sets of rings that interlock to form the coils. A damaged ring or coil set could be swapped out in under 5 mins if there was damage.
    Machine work does cost more than pipe and washers, and yes we cost more, just like a Mercedes or Cadilac costs more than a Kia.

Thanks for answering my questions. I think the comparison you make to a Cadillac is apt. The level of machining and engineering that goes into your equipment is really impressive.

Chad,

I brought this up to Greenmachine while we were at TTPOA as he had not seen the thread when the question was asked. Watching him show how to replace internal parts was impressive. It was literally measured in seconds with the internals of the suppresor off the gun. I was more impressed as it was easily within my abilities to service the suppressor.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Rekt.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Chad,

Supposedly Gen 5 stops the grenade problems. Of course, I bet Gen 4 was supposed to be G2G, too. Time will tell?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Well...it finally leaked. Those are months old, but wow. I did not think that would hit the internet. I guess OSS didn't, either...

OSS has been playing a dirty little game with Surefire and now SF is responding in kind.

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/06/22...pressor-video/
    #RESIST

User Tag List