Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OSS Suppressor system: baffle-free design

This just came up on thetruthaboutguns: hk-reportedly-wins-contract-replace-aging-m-110-semi-auto-sniper-rifles

http://soldiersystems.net/2016/03/31...hk-wins-csass/

It’s beyond rumor at this point. According to multiple sources familiar with various aspects of the program, H&K’s entry for the Compact Semi-Automatic Sniper System (CSASS) program was selected earlier this week for procurement by the United States Army. Other finalists were LMT and FNH USA.

The entry, named the G28E1, was displayed at SHOT Show in H&K’s booth. Interestingly, it incorporates an OSS Suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    It is not hearing safe at all. It does have lower back pressure though.
    In the other thread were we were talking about this can it was mentioned that they were shooting .338- bmg rounds INDOORS with no ear pro.. So which one is it? They shooting magnum subs lol
    Last edited by Luke; 04-01-2016 at 12:23 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    In the other thread were we were talking about this
    Here are links to other PF theads that mention OSS Supressors, I had not heard about them till yesterday and missed these threads when they started:

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....for-the-M110E1

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....SS-all-at-once
    Last edited by nycnoob; 04-01-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I been at numerous demos, and spent a day in an indoor range with them at Shot. When you can run .338 Lapua and .50 indoors without ear pro....good stuff. Also, they put almost no back pressure on the gun, which is actually a very big deal that is not accounted for. Company may have just gone full retard, but the design has some real merits....and I agree, they are weird.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    I wish bloggers...
    Name:  not the boss of me.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  9.8 KB
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

My bad. I just assumed everyone new. Seems like the amount of new threads emerging out of other threads had picked up a little and for some reason I felt the need to be a princess and interject some "sass". I think it came out/off wrong lol

Basically what it boils down two is two threads, with two totally different remarks about the same item, 1 guy says not hearing safe and the other guy says they were using anti tank guns with it INSIDE and it was safe.
    Last edited by Luke; 04-01-2016 at 12:37 PM.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    My bad. I just assumed everyone new. Seems like the amount of new threads emerging out of other threads had picked up a little and for some reason I felt the need to be a princess and interject some "sass". I think it came out/off wrong lol

Basically what it boils down two is two threads, with two totally different remarks about the same item, 1 guy says not hearing safe and the other guy says they were using anti tank guns with it INSIDE and it was safe.
    Just because they are using (your words not mine) Anti-Tank weapons indoors, does not mean that they were using anti-tank ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    It is not hearing safe at all. It does have lower back pressure though.
    Weird, because I have shot .338 Lapua Mag in an indoor 4 lane smaller rifle range with no ear pro, and was inside with numerous demos with no issues. At SHOT, I was running .50 with no ear pro and lots of other systems including SBR's without issue. I do not work for OSS, but a good friend who was part of the group that left did, so I was at plenty of shows and demo's and we ran a lot of our sights on their guns. Essentially, I have been present for thousands of rounds shot through them and many other cans and have not found them loud at all, and better than many of the other systems I have been on ranges with.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 04-01-2016 at 03:08 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I wish there was a pistol version.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I been at numerous demos, and spent a day in an indoor range with them at Shot. When you can run .338 Lapua and .50 indoors without ear pro....good stuff. Also, they put almost no back pressure on the gun, which is actually a very big deal that is not accounted for. Company may have just gone full retard, but the design has some real merits....and I agree, they are weird.
    The reduced back pressure is specifically why it was on the Tavor I shot because/ bullpup.

User Tag List