Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OSS Suppressor system: baffle-free design

OSS Suppressor system: baffle-free design

[modnote]Post #8 in this thread was the original OP before merging in OSS posts from thr CSASS thread[/modnote]

Those OSS supressors always called my name. I thought they looked cool and the videos looked like they really worked. Never really heard much about them though. I'm guessing now this will be the new fanboy supressor.
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 04-01-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added modnote
    i used to wannabe

I spent all of a LE trade show with one sitting in front of me and I coveted the entire time. The OSS can is awesome; however, OSS just had a horrible internal company break up inside after SHOT show, so I am unsure of what will be their future and quality.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I have not heard a single good thing about OSS.

I played with one of their cans for a day at the range...thing is...weird
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I been at numerous demos, and spent a day in an indoor range with them at Shot. When you can run .338 Lapua and .50 indoors without ear pro....good stuff. Also, they put almost no back pressure on the gun, which is actually a very big deal that is not accounted for. Company may have just gone full retard, but the design has some real merits....and I agree, they are weird.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I been at numerous demos, and spent a day in an indoor range with them at Shot. When you can run .338 Lapua and .50 indoors without ear pro....good stuff. Also, they put almost no back pressure on the gun, which is actually a very big deal that is not accounted for. Company may have just gone full retard, but the design has some real merits....and I agree, they are weird.
    The baffle suppressors do beat these things out on suppression but OSS's main selling point is indeed reducing back pressure. I don't want one, happy with my baffle suppressors.
    #RESIST

Since its relevant, some photos I took of the one I shot

VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

OSS is already on "Gen V" after...several set-backs...plus the internal conflict going on in OSS that was mentioned above. I am very surprised the OSS can made the selection, but really don't know if it did or not, do we? Did that scope? Did that mount? Do we know what the import of that picture even is? I saw nothing about an OSS suppressor in the list of contracts awarded that was linked to...
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 04-01-2016 at 08:11 AM.

OSS Suppressor system: baffle-free design

Saw the on Facebook by the NEShooters people. I know nothing about it but it looks cool

INSANE NEW BAFFLE-FREE SUPPRESSORS [VIDEO]

The OSS Suppressor system was developed by a Veteran of the SOF community to create a new and improved suppression system that is a huge jump from traditional suppressors. Being completely hearing safe with no overpressure in enclosed environments and providing incredible recoil reduction, the baffle-free design is truly remarkable.

https://magazine.gruntstyle.com/2016/02/01/insane-new-suppressors/

Insane NEW baffle-free suppressor is as badass as it looks

The OSS suppressor system is an amazing step forward in a piece of weapon’s technology that’s basically remained the same for a century. This baffle-free design is truly unbelievebale. Hearing safe with no over-pressure in an enclosed environment while providing phenomenal recoil reduction, this system does everything.

http://americangg.net/insane-new-sup...s-as-it-looks/

Company FAQ

http://osssuppressors.com/faq/
    Last edited by nycnoob; 04-01-2016 at 11:03 AM.

OSS was supposedly part of several of the CSASS submissions, including the H&K one that won. However, they seem to be having leadership issues recently, with the founder/CEO leaving quite dramatically: http://soldiersystems.net/2016/02/22...liver-resigns/

It is not hearing safe at all. It does have lower back pressure though.

User Tag List