Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: H&K Wins CSASS competition for the M110E1

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I think that is a spring on the firing pin, not for certain.
    My PredatAR 762 has a spring on the pin. Didn't know of that made it drop safe though.

I'm guessing they just fucked up on the reverse Keymod thing (the picture shown).
    First backwards bullets, now backwards keymod... SMH. it should be KH from now on...

You suck. HK hates you. This includes the US Military and domestic LE, regardless of how much money you pump into their company and the German economy. This is FAR from the first HK product used by the military, and will be in significantly lower numbers than any previous products purchased. HK won't move shit to the US except the guns and accessories it imports. It will use a proprietary magazine for the exact same reason the SCAR does. Same for the KeyMod retardaption. And everything else they suckered the Army into buying with this brilliant idea.

As a tax payer, every US Citizen should be furious at the methodology for military RDT&E and subsequent procurement of individual weapons. If you saw it at the levels of regimental sized satcom shit, we would already be shooting in the second civil war. The military, and especially the Army, fucks up even the wettest dreams and you still wake up with a raging hangover and a fugly wanting breakfast.

I would like to point out that the MRS (Modular Rail System) AKA "backwards KeyMod" is a purely H&K USA creation. H&K Germany's HKey is oriented like regular KeyMod:

Last edited by Default.mp3; 04-12-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Anyone pick up on this feature? I'm wondering how they did so and if there is a performance or reliability cost. The link is to the HK G28 and their CSASS submission was the G28E1.

"Firing pin/drop safety (no primer marking/firing out of battery)"

From here: http://www.heckler-koch.com/en/produ.../overview.html
    I think that is a spring on the firing pin, not for certain.
    It's the spring on the firing pin combined with the little lever that is pinned at the top of the bolt carrier:

Last edited by Tom_Jones; 04-12-2016 at 09:45 PM. Reason: embedded images

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    It's the spring on the firing pin combined with the little lever that is pinned at the top of the bolt carrier:
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachmen...deo-nsvuhh.jpg
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachmen...ideo-3hdqq.jpg
    Interesting - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I would like to point out that the MRS (Modular Rail System) AKA "backwards KeyMod" is a purely H&K USA creation. H&K Germany's HKey is oriented like regular KeyMod:]
    Very likely thanks to some obscure and intentionally written RD to give a pre-selected/desired end product a specific advantage entering the "Fair & Unbiased Downselect" equipment comparison. Quite common when a unit wants a specific piece of gear but cannot legally ask for that specific piece of gear.

Soooo... The solution is throw more crap in the gun to rectify an issue that is rectified by simply not chambering the same round over and over. Makes perfect sense[emoji57]

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Soooo... The solution is throw more crap in the gun to rectify an issue that is rectified by simply not chambering the same round over and over. Makes perfect sense[emoji57]
    You can slam fire an on safe AR with a chamber round. It not easy and somewhat ammo dependent but it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    You can slam fire an on safe AR with a chamber round. It not easy and somewhat ammo dependent but it's possible.
    I've heard that... And purposefully chambered the same round 10 times to see how possible it was on the range. It's a theoretical problem with an overly complicated hardware solution if you use good quality ammo (not SumDudes reloads)

User Tag List