Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P2000 sight options

The only other option you may have is heinie front sights, but I'm not sure how tall they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    10-8 is a no go it looks like..
    Like I said earlier, I know the website says they do not work but yes they do here are some photos of the sight installed on one of my P2000's.

Attachment 6911
    Attachment 6912
    Last edited by Mike C; 04-01-2016 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    10-8 is a no go it looks like..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Like I said earlier, I know the website says they do not work but yes they do here are some photos of the sight installed on one of my P2000's.

Attachment 6911
    Attachment 6912

Meant the height of the sight...

I hate the pistol personally and I still am pretty proficient with, but we are unable to really do much of anything with the standard Triji night sights so.....

I painted the rear black and the front post flo red.....it's a pretty good setup believe it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    I hate the pistol personally and I still am pretty proficient with, but we are unable to really do much of anything with the standard Triji night sights so.....

I painted the rear black and the front post flo red.....it's a pretty good setup believe it or not.
    are you issued it? That may explain why you hate it lol

Correct......I just think it's too small for a duty pistol and the LEM trigger is less than desirable.

Quote Originally Posted by bravo7 View Post
    Correct......I just think it's too small for a duty pistol and the LEM trigger is less than desirable.
    Have you read the article from nyeti? I would agree that the p30 may be more desirable for a duty pistol but IMO, the p2000 is probably the best carry gun for a dedicated armed citizen that trains with it.

Breakingtime, sounds like we're at maybe the same point of epiphany in our gun lives. I've gone from HK45 to P30 and stumbled onto the P2000 which I kind of dismissed at first but have since realized that it's pretty much almost stock perfect for me. Small, conceals well, doesn't snag or eat shirts like a P30 (start flaming now...) but I can't seem to get behind the HD's. In fairness, I haven't given them enough rounds/time I think, but shooting the dot with HD's just seems a little tough for me. Jody gave me some insight into the POA/POI he uses and it works well but for some reason I have a tough time with them. I feel like I'm staring at the sun looking at that front sight. I can pick them up quick but I have a hard time making accurate, longer range shots. That fat little front sight just seems to block out the target and I have to work harder with my non-dominant eye to pick up what is blocked. I had Straight Eight's on the P30's and HK45's. I shot the dot on the 45 and did 6 O'clock on the P30 and I was really digging the 6 O'Clock hold. I don't have a good solution and I don't know if there is anything out there that is going to work mo' better.

Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post
    Breakingtime, sounds like we're at maybe the same point of epiphany in our gun lives. I've gone from HK45 to P30 and stumbled onto the P2000 which I kind of dismissed at first but have since realized that it's pretty much almost stock perfect for me. Small, conceals well, doesn't snag or eat shirts like a P30 (start flaming now...) but I can't seem to get behind the HD's. In fairness, I haven't given them enough rounds/time I think, but shooting the dot with HD's just seems a little tough for me. Jody gave me some insight into the POA/POI he uses and it works well but for some reason I have a tough time with them. I feel like I'm staring at the sun looking at that front sight. I can pick them up quick but I have a hard time making accurate, longer range shots. That fat little front sight just seems to block out the target and I have to work harder with my non-dominant eye to pick up what is blocked. I had Straight Eight's on the P30's and HK45's. I shot the dot on the 45 and did 6 O'clock on the P30 and I was really digging the 6 O'Clock hold. I don't have a good solution and I don't know if there is anything out there that is going to work mo' better.
    I am shooting with the HDs again today, if it doesn't work out I may give that dawson front a try.

I shot my P2000 yesterday. In bright sun I couldn't see the top edge of the HDs when I was shooting at the 25 yard line. I like the sights a lot when I'm shooting at 10 yards or less, and even at 25 when it was overcast last weekend they were good for me.

I really wish I could get Heinies or Ameriglo Defoors right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List