Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: P2000 sight options

Posting the pictures of the measurements here because I'm not sure how to measure the sight.

Pictures kinda make the white look weird. It's not new but looks better than the pictures make it.
    i used to wannabe

My issue with the HD sights, (had them on a P30) is the height. I understand they can maintain the same relationship between front and rear as the stock sights, but they are high. I believe the further you raise the sights above the bore line, the more offset between POA / POI you will get over a range of distance. That's one reason I like the 10-8 u-notch, it just sits so low and for me. For me, on the P2000 / SK moving to 3 dots has left me with the Trijicon HK09 which has a too wide of notch in my opinion. I really could go for a trit .125 wide FS, paired with a .140 rear with trit. white ring

Also in regards to Luke's second picture, depending on the maker, there may be a small gap between the slide top and the bottom of the FS blade. It changes the measurement, but still places the top of the FS at the same height, further confusing folks.
    Last edited by CCT125US; 04-13-2016 at 09:53 AM.
    Taking a break from social media.

anyone know where I can find the thread where JodyH discusses POA/POI with hds on the p2000 series?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    anyone know where I can find the thread where JodyH discusses POA/POI with hds on the p2000 series?
    I PM'd you.

Funny thing happened at the range the other day. I took my spare 2000 out there with the mepro tru dots on it and a quasi LEM trigger (more on that in a second). I shot the CRAP out of it. Where I put the front dot, the bullet went. Shot it wayyyyyy better than the HD's. Now I have been shooting a lot of dot and circle drills lately so trigger control has been getting better but when I picked up the Heavy LEM and HD gun performance and accuracy would drop. It was interesting to watch. So out of curiosity I switched slides on each gun- running the HDs on the lighter LEM and mepros on the Heavy LEM ( yeah I know shouldn't switch slides on frames but it was for science!) and both trigger and sights evened each other out and I shot about equal. Went back to mepros on the lighter LEM and shot a perfect dot torture at 3 yds.

So now onto this quasi LEM thing. The previous owner bought it as a V2 and switched out to the lighter TRS only. This is contrary to what most do. Anyone have thoughts or ideas on it? This is almost opposite of a TGS which is what I have on most of mine. In actuality it breaks smoothly and feels lighter at the break to a TGS LEM but I have never heard of this combo or been able to google anything on it. There's definitely no similar LEM spring combo on the charts. But hey if it works? I haven't seen any reset issues in my short time with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post
    So now onto this quasi LEM thing. The previous owner bought it as a V2 and switched out to the lighter TRS only. This is contrary to what most do. Anyone have thoughts or ideas on it? This is almost opposite of a TGS which is what I have on most of mine. In actuality it breaks smoothly and feels lighter at the break to a TGS LEM but I have never heard of this combo or been able to google anything on it. There's definitely no similar LEM spring combo on the charts. But hey if it works? I haven't seen any reset issues in my short time with it.
    I recently did a trade for a P2000 v2 converted to v1 with a light FPBS as well. I find the strength of the reset to be too light and will be ordering the standard springs. It is certainly different than a P30 v1, which is damn near perfect for my purposes. Next to the P2000 v2.
    Taking a break from social media.

User Tag List