Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: P2000 sight options

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    I shot my P2000 yesterday. In bright sun I couldn't see the top edge of the HDs when I was shooting at the 25 yard line. I like the sights a lot when I'm shooting at 10 yards or less, and even at 25 when it was overcast last weekend they were good for me.

I really wish I could get Heinies or Ameriglo Defoors right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ya hard sights for me to master also.

I have minor issues with my HDs at 25+yds! but they work very well for me inside there.

I bet if enough of us were willing to buy Dawson sets of a specific type, they would tool it up. I don't know what that number is, but an industrious person might find out.

I would be very happy with a set like Defoors or Hacks for my p2000s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I have minor issues with my HDs at 25+yds! but they work very well for me inside there.

I bet if enough of us were willing to buy Dawson sets of a specific type, they would tool it up. I don't know what that number is, but an industrious person might find out.

I would be very happy with a set like Defoors or Hacks for my p2000s.

does the mgw tool work for the front sight also?

Not a clue. The pusher I have used is a custom universal jobber. Machinist guy sells them on eBay sometimes. I can try to dig up his home site if you like.

More often than not I just vice up and tap, but I'm patient like that. Or weird, depending on the person you ask.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Not a clue. The pusher I have used is a custom universal jobber. Machinist guy sells them on eBay sometimes. I can try to dig up his home site if you like.

More often than not I just vice up and tap, but I'm patient like that. Or weird, depending on the person you ask.

so I think that the dawson front i linked will work with the hd rear...

BT, still a no go today?

Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post
    BT, still a no go today?
    well I shot fine... but still dont like how wide it is. I shoot fine, I got a 98 on the "test" in 7.49 today... so the sights work fine but as soon as i get to 25, forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    so I think that the dawson front i linked will work with the hd rear...
    I think they probably will, from the numbers. I'd bet on some shift, but it seems like you're looking for a slight tweak.

I'd give it a shot. If it works; yay! If it doesn't get the poa/poi you want, it may well get the one SOMEBODY wants.

It is likely worth giving if another day or so for more input to filter in. The answer may already be out there and just hasn't caught up to you yet.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    well I shot fine... but still dont like how wide it is. I shoot fine, I got a 98 on the "test" in 7.49 today... so the sights work fine but as soon as i get to 25, forget it.
    BT,

How's the quest going? I got so annoyed yesterday that I actually pulled my 1911 out of storage and blew the dust off it!

Quote Originally Posted by Notso View Post
    BT,

How's the quest going? I got so annoyed yesterday that I actually pulled my 1911 out of storage and blew the dust off it!
    So I think I am going to head away from the hd. I think a square rear notch works better and a thinner front. Plenty of options out there for fronts and I am just trying to figure out what might be best as of now. I wouldn't get to bent out of shape with the gun, just the support.

User Tag List