Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P2000 sight options

P2000 sight options

I love this gun, I really do. I find myself completely frustrated though, I can not for the life of me seem to find any sight options. I currently have a set of HDs on my p2000 and trijicon 3 dot on my p2000sk. I tend to shoot low with my p2000, which may just be the way my eyes work with the giant front orange dot. With that in mind I started my search for an alternative front sight *since p2000 shares the same dovetail in the front as the p30* and found something that is pretty dang close to the HDs front sight dimensions.

p2000 front sight hd demensions for height and width are: .215 blade height and .144 width. As you can see, it is tall and wide.

the sight I think may work is the a dawson precision front that is .210 in height and a much nicer .125 width..

Anyone have any advice *cough Jody cough* and other front sight options that will be comparable in height to my current hd front?

You might check what 10-8 Performance has to offer. Usually they are always out of stock but sometimes you might get lucky.

I've got a Dawson trijicon tritium sight with a born date of 15 I'll send you for $10 if you wanna try it.
    i used to wannabe

This is a constant frustration for me as well. I really wish Dawson made a rear for the P2000. I'd take any Dawson rear, but would prefer tritium.

Site Supporter
    I am in the same boat myself. I do not like the HD sights (too wide in front, rear too sharp, and I do not like three dot arrangements). I keep feeling that if someone made a Straight Eight set up or a plain rear high/vis front tritium set they would not be able to keep them in stock.

Right now I am using a Mep front and a stock rear sight with the white dots picked out.

I might do standard trijicons, for some reason the hackathrons on the glocks I like but the HD setup is kind of meh. Thought about sending the slide to Dawson for a front and rear sight to be fitted.

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    You might check what 10-8 Performance has to offer. Usually they are always out of stock but sometimes you might get lucky.
    I do believe that JodyH was the one to post about the 10-8 HK front sight working in conjunction with the standard Mep rear sight on the P2000. I can confirm that they do work on the P2000, I am presently running one of my P2000's with Mep rear and 10-8 front tritium .125W, .075 diameter tritium lamp with no white outline. POA/POI is the same as what they were shooting before drive the dot for the most part, 6 o'clock hold at 25. Sorry I can't confirm the rear height of the trijicon sights, but believe it to be the same as the Meps and factory white 3 dot. I would verify though before you order.

Here's the link: http://www.10-8performance.com/hk-front-sight/
    Last edited by Mike C; 03-31-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    I've got a Dawson trijicon tritium sight with a born date of 15 I'll send you for $10 if you wanna try it.
    ya man, i would try it. is the blade height .215?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    ya man, i would try it. is the blade height .215?
    I'll find out!
    i used to wannabe

10-8 is a no go it looks like..

User Tag List