Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training mag mementos

Training mag mementos

I credit my Police Academy Firearms Instructor with getting me on track about serious pistol shooting. It was his last academy so I decided to retire a magazine (Glock 22) and have him sign it to keep as a reminder to always “stay sharp.”

Soon, I started attending training classes on my own and decided to keep the trend going. After a while, I had a nice little collection and decided to put them in a shadow box, which is now full.

The mags are from the pistols I used in the training class or from shooting the agency qualification course. The only exception is the WC 1911 mag which was sent by Bill Wilson after selling him a few Berettas.

Not the most impressive collection at this point and I know it’s a little weird, but its fun and keeps me striving to attend more training.

I really want to attend some revolver training…think any instructors here would be willing to sign a Safariland Comp 3 speedloader?

Anyone else have a collection like this or maybe patches or challenge coins?

Attachment 6841
    Last edited by Lyonsgrid; 03-29-2016 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    I credit my Police Academy Firearms Instructor with getting me on track about serious pistol shooting. It was his last academy so I decided to retire a magazine (Glock 22) and have him sign it to keep as a reminder to always “stay sharp.”

Soon, I started attending training classes on my own and decided to keep the trend going. After a while, I had a nice little collection and decided to put them in a shadow box, which is now full.

The mags are from the pistols I used in the training class or from shooting the agency qualification course. The only exception is the WC 1911 mag which was sent by Bill Wilson after selling him a few Berettas.

Not the most impressive collection at this point and I know it’s a little weird, but its fun and keeps me striving to attend more training.

I really want to attend some revolver training…think any instructors here would be willing to sign a Safariland Comp 3 speedloader?

Anyone else have a collection like this or maybe patches or challenge coins?

Attachment 6841
    Dallas in October..bring four speed loaders and we will balance that box out.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Dallas in October..bring four speed loaders and we will balance that box out.
    Believe me, I’m trying to make it work…

Side note: None of the instructors were asked to sign a specific side, that’s just the natural process played out…can anyone ID the odd man out?

This is really cool man. I've wanted to do this but never could come up with a way of doing it. I LOVE having little reminders that mean something to me that may not be anything to others. Very very cool man.
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonsgrid View Post
    Believe me, I’m trying to make it work…

Side note: None of the instructors were asked to sign a specific side, that’s just the natural process played out…can anyone ID the odd man out?
    Pat Rogers?

Rick Staples is a heck of a good dude.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

That is a very cool idea. If only I started that 5 years ago.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    That is a very cool idea. If only I started that 5 years ago.
    Yeah - no kidding.
    Is the boy you were proud of the man you are?

Fimbo iliyo mkononi, ndio iuwayo nyoka!

I always wanted Louis Awerbuck to sign one of his targets for me, as well as his Plowshares Into Swords book.

That's one of the coolest ideas ever, man! Very cool! You care to list all the signatures just out of curiosity?

User Tag List