Page 684 of 3544 FirstFirst ... 18458463467468268368468568669473478411841684 ... LastLast
Results 6,831 to 6,840 of 35435

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

I grew up surrounded by alcoholics. Got dragged in and out of every drinking establishment in town as a kid. When the people in high school were trying to get into bars with fake IDs I had had enough. I decided at a young age it would be best to stay away from any and all intoxicants. Kept me out of plenty of trouble I’m sure and saved me a bunch of money too. Most importantly, I made sure my kids didn’t experience what I did

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    By the end of the sixth grade we had a pretty epic mountain of Zima bottles in the creek we drank in.

THIS makes Duff the greatest fictional beer EVER.
    Last edited by Greg; 08-07-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Video no workee
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

THIS makes Duff the greatest fictional beer EVER.
    "McMahon and Tate Advertising".

Speaking of...
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    ...Albion ale—fermented with heather, since the recipe predates the introduction of hops to the British Isles—were two of my favorites. The old pre-hops stuff tastes a lot like modern sour ales.
    Hops were originally added to beer as a preservative. Post-refrigeration, hops are a flavoring. The over-hopping of beer (IMHO) is similar to the way that American vintners were competing for a time to see who could make the "oakiest" chardonnays, the result being wines that had so much oak in a bottle druids danced around them.

I learned this at the Harmon brew pub in Tacoma, when they had their Braveheart Heather Ale as the seasonal special. In this case, the heather was used because Patrick McGoohan the evil Sassenach prohibited the export of hops to Scotland.
    Allegedly.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Hops were originally added to beer as a preservative. Post-refrigeration, hops are a flavoring. The over-hopping of beer (IMHO) is similar to the way that American vintners were competing for a time to see who could make the "oakiest" chardonnays, the result being wines that had so much oak in a bottle druids danced around them.

I learned this at the Harmon brew pub in Tacoma, when they had their Braveheart Heather Ale as the seasonal special. In this case, the heather was used because Patrick McGoohan the evil Sassenach prohibited the export of hops to Scotland.
    Allegedly.
    Hops are a natural antiseptic that helps beer keep and the bittering component balances the residual sweetness present in real beers. Too much bitterness is a lack of balance (like IPA’s), too little is cloyingly sweet and disgusting.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    Hops are a natural antiseptic that helps beer keep and the bittering component balances the residual sweetness present in real beers. Too much bitterness is a lack of balance (like IPA’s), too little is cloyingly sweet and disgusting.
    Maybe the only time I’ve disagreed with you- I like my beers hoppy and my Cabernet drier than the Sahara
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Maybe the only time I’ve disagreed with you- I like my beers hoppy and my Cabernet drier than the Sahara
    I’ve extensively brewed beer, hosted multiple 12+h tastings, collected and tased thousands of styles including many of the top exmples of the major styles.

I’ve been a hop-head ... and beyind ... and recovered.

These days a pale ale is fine, an IPA occasonally, and I prefer (many different) belgian styles and imperial stouts.

Hop balance is a good thing.

You don’t have to agree with me, I’m just going to point out that I’ve had a chance to carefully consider the matter.
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 08-07-2018 at 10:15 PM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

You boys realize all of this beer talk isn't making me laugh. It doesn't make me hoppy at all.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

User Tag List