Page 683 of 3545 FirstFirst ... 18358363367368168268368468569373378311831683 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,830 of 35444

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    Attachment 28831
    title text: Mmmm, this is such a positive experience! I feel no social pressure to enjoy it at all!
    https://xkcd.com/1534/
    People who drink even though they don't like it are just so... Sad? Pathetic? I always have difficulty understanding that sort of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Alcohol is an acquired taste. I never drank when I was a kid and it still tastes like nasty ass gasoline in everything today. It's popular because of social pressure and history, people just get used to it over time to the point where it's enjoyable.
    Seriously, the good stuff does actually taste good and people do drink it because they enjoy it. Maybe your tastes are just different, maybe you've never tasted a really good alcoholic beverage that is compatible with your tastes, but trust me - there's more to it than social pressure and history.

(Which, obviously, in no way means that I am somehow implying you should try drinking if you don't want to. Just give a little credit to those of us that choose to. )

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post

I would try more original beer like they had in the middle ages just for the sake of trying it out, that wasn't alcohol so much as it was weird liquid bread everyone in the family drank to avoid explosive-face-syphilis.
    There is a hipster craft brewery in my town that specializes in ancient ales and other old recipes. You can get a facsimilie of that old sumerian clay tablet recipe, complete with Egyptian barley grown at a regional farm, as well as gruits and braggots (which I had to look up the first time, I admit that wiki was my friend). The Swedish Kuhlning and the Albion ale—fermented with heather, since the recipe predates the i troduction of hops to the British Isles—were two of my favorites. The old pre-hops stuff tastes a lot like modern sour ales. To be frank, my first sip was like "Judas Priest, this shit tastes awful...no wonder it was the dark ages..." but by the time I was half-way through the glass, I was really warming up to the concept. By the second glass, I was ready to come back for more, so I did, the next day, with friends.

Oh, and fuck IPAs. Nothing against the style in the abstract, but when there are 16 tap handles, and the only thing I can get that isn’t too hoppy is cider, that shit is just marketing gone wrong. IPA is the Kardashian of beer styles.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The heat subside after only one minute?
    That is a good question for @Tom_Jones

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    People who drink even though they don't like it are just so... Sad? Pathetic? I always have difficulty understanding that sort of thinking.

Seriously, the good stuff does actually taste good and people do drink it because they enjoy it. Maybe your tastes are just different, maybe you've never tasted a really good alcoholic beverage that is compatible with your tastes, but trust me - there's more to it than social pressure and history.

(Which, obviously, in no way means that I am somehow implying you should try drinking if you don't want to. Just give a little credit to those of us that choose to. )

Credit to those that do, or don't. However I hate the WTF face I get when I get asked what x beer tastes like and I say I don't drink. (maybe people should ask if someone drinks, FIRST)
    Never liked beer, had one with a friend when he was hired at his dream job years ago, and it took me three hours to drink a 12 ounce beer. When I was a kid, it was coke and grain alcohol, but too many friends doing stupid stuff, and I quite drinking and just became the designated driver. I don't think I would even like the hard stuff anymore.

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post

I used to also think alcohol was nasty and people pretended to like until I was at a vacation place and had an extremely well made and mixed Pina Colada that tasted like a tropical island in heaven and also got me beyond smashed.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I used to also think alcohol was nasty and people pretended to like until I was at a vacation place and had an extremely well made and mixed Pina Colada that tasted like a tropical island in heaven and also got me beyond smashed.
    I liked Kokanee when I was in Canada.

Overall I drink maybe 1-2 alcoholic beverages a year. I just don't like the taste and even if I did , I don't have the time or space for it.

I drink 8-10 bottles of water a day and 6-8 diet sodas a day. There's no time or room left

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Credit to those that do, or don't. However I hate the WTF face I get when I get asked what x beer tastes like and I say I don't drink. (maybe people should ask if someone drinks, FIRST)
    I tend to drive everywhere I go, and I severely dislike drunken people. So I only drink at home, and very much in moderation. So, I know the feeling of being thought weird for being sober. Although, the kind of people I like to hang around with never seem to mind. To them, there are other things in the world to be interested in, instead of just having a contest on who can kill the most brain cells. Perhaps there is a lesson there, somewhere.

IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Vending Machine Operator
    I went full sober for all of 2017 (minus one slip) and I have to admit it did a wonderful job of cutting off my heavy drinking and I'm much, much better since then.

I also lost a ton of weight and got in shape, which is now gone, but hey...tradeoffs.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List