Page 3324 of 3553 FirstFirst ... 2324282432243274331433223323332433253326333433743424 ... LastLast
Results 33,231 to 33,240 of 35528

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Name:  1692349920417.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  54.9 KB
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

#truth
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Our manager was out yesterday for a long weekend so most of us left early. When I called my wife to see what she wanted for dinner she asked "Who said you could leave early?" I told no one, but more importantly there was no one there to tell me I couldn't leave early.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Reminds me of the time I worked some OT and got called on it 3 days after I filled out my time sheet. Reason, all OT was cancelled until further notice. The only problem was nobody told me. Supervisor was MIA.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Reminds me of the time I worked some OT and got called on it 3 days after I filled out my time sheet. Reason, all OT was cancelled until further notice. The only problem was nobody told me. Supervisor was MIA.
    My wife got a letter from her employer yesterday (25Aug23) informing her she had been transitioned from hourly to salaried, effective 13Aug23. In those two weeks, she had worked 106 hours, so, she basically got screwed out of 26 hours of overtime. When she brought this up to her supervisor, she was told she needed to work on "work/life balance."

Some bosses flat suck.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    My wife got a letter from her employer yesterday (25Aug23) informing her she had been transitioned from hourly to salaried, effective 13Aug23. In those two weeks, she had worked 106 hours, so, she basically got screwed out of 26 hours of overtime. When she brought this up to her supervisor, she was told she needed to work on "work/life balance."

Some bosses flat suck.
    Working on "work/life balance" is his job*. If he's people are consistently working overtime, then he needs to understand the demand that results in that overtime and either fix it at the source or hire more people to do the work. In the meantime, if he can't get her financially compensated for the OT, he should be looking at compensatory time off instead. All my folks are salary, so when one of them works over a weekend or puts in long hours (significantly above their contracted level, which for most of my people is about 38hrs/week), I discretely have them take an equal amount of time off in exchange.

Chris

Site Supporter
    Reminder... This is a meme...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Name:  F50BCF55-968B-4E70-A157-4320BFD0AD86.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  49.0 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

Some bosses flat suck.
    You should double check your state labor laws. To do that retroactively would not fly in NY or NJ, at least,the two states I've dealt with labor regs.
    "It was the fuck aroundest of times, it was the find outest of times."- 45dotACP

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S View Post
    You should double check your state labor laws. To do that retroactively would not fly in NY or NJ, at least,the two states I've dealt with labor regs.
    Yeah, Indiana sucks that way. They can retroactively change her pay here. My much better half has he degree in HR, so that's the first thing she checked when she got home Friday...

User Tag List