Page 3003 of 3539 FirstFirst ... 20032503290329532993300130023003300430053013305331033503 ... LastLast
Results 30,021 to 30,030 of 35390

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    My memory is pretty foggy on this, but wasn't Amazon trying to market a service (with special door lock?) where they would leave the package inside your house rather than on the stoop?

Maybe it was just a trail balloon to see how it would be received.
    Yes.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-ne...-thing-n814276
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    My memory is pretty foggy on this, but wasn't Amazon trying to market a service (with special door lock?) where they would leave the package inside your house rather than on the stoop?

Maybe it was just a trail balloon to see how it would be received.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I have no idea where this photo was taken. Which is a real tragedy, obviously enough.
    I'm guessing it's the famous shop in the town of Photo.

Here is a little boosterism from their hometown "news" site. Apparently, guns and donuts are a thing. Just puts a spring in your step, dunnit?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    I mean, it's not a terrible idea in that it prevents any random person from stealing stuff off your porch. The terrible part giving a smaller subset of people free rein inside your home.

There really needs to be something which could both secure delivered packages from theft while simultaneously only allowing the delivery person access to the storage container and not your whole house. Basically a big mailbox with access control which people other than the USPS could use. Make an order and when you enter your shipping address, you also supply a one-time PIN as part of the address, which Fedex/UPS/Amazon/Instacart/whoever then could use to open the box to make a delivery. Then once the PIN is used, it gets deactivated. If you really wanted to get fancy, build the container as part of the residence. Then you could do other neat stuff like have a door on the inside so the owner wouldn't have to leave their house to pick up the delivery, or have optional refrigeration for grocery delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    When I was a kid, there was one of those "do everything small town hardware stores" near us. Hardware store, ice cream parlor, fried chicken dine-in or to go, small toy section, small grocery section, and I know they sold ammo but don't remember guns.

I have fond memories of the IGA store when I first moved north to the Rockies from Az in the late 80s. They had a small but fairly well stocked section of guns, ammo, basic reloading supplies, holsters, hunting licenses and related stuff. I bought a model 629 Mountain gun from them when they were fairly new on the market. The store manager checked the "Is known to me" box on the form when filling it out, we walked over to the cashier line, he put it on the conveyor, I paid the girl with a check, and still have the receipt from the IGA grocery store showing "Gun".
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I mean, it's not a terrible idea in that it prevents any random person from stealing stuff off your porch. The terrible part giving a smaller subset of people free rein inside your home.

There really needs to be something which could both secure delivered packages from theft while simultaneously only allowing the delivery person access to the storage container and not your whole house. Basically a big mailbox with access control which people other than the USPS could use. Make an order and when you enter your shipping address, you also supply a one-time PIN as part of the address, which Fedex/UPS/Amazon/Instacart/whoever then could use to open the box to make a delivery. Then once the PIN is used, it gets deactivated. If you really wanted to get fancy, build the container as part of the residence. Then you could do other neat stuff like have a door on the inside so the owner wouldn't have to leave their house to pick up the delivery, or have optional refrigeration for grocery delivery.
    Those with a garage could opt for garage delivery. That’s much better than giving access to the inside of your home. And more secure than leaving it on the doorstep. Requires a modern door opener though.

Be sure to scrub long enough, kids...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post

There really needs to be something which could both secure delivered packages from theft while simultaneously only allowing the delivery person access to the storage container and not your whole house. Basically a big mailbox with access control which people other than the USPS could use.
    https://www.theupsstore.com/mailboxe...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

It’s worth the 10 or 15 bucks a month to not have to worry about receiving expensive goods via whatever carrier the shipper chooses.

ETA: meme…
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    https://www.theupsstore.com/mailboxe...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

It’s worth the 10 or 15 bucks a month to not have to worry about receiving expensive goods via whatever carrier the shipper chooses.

ETA: meme…
    Took a second

User Tag List