Page 2998 of 3544 FirstFirst ... 19982498289829482988299629972998299930003008304830983498 ... LastLast
Results 29,971 to 29,980 of 35435

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Linky....

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1561436682825728000

I bet that glove maker gets a kick in the nuts .... Yikes. Not supposed to do that. Gotta tighten those laces occasionally.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Linky....

https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1561436682825728000

I bet that glove maker gets a kick in the nuts .... Yikes. Not supposed to do that. Gotta tighten those laces occasionally.
    Bet the equipment manager gets a talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I resemble that remark. Totally. And not the Tech Enthusiast part -- been a programmer since '79. I miss my Blackberry, and all the new fangled techno crap can stay off my lawn.
    I find it remarkable, telling, and potentially disturbing that there is a disproportionate number of engineers/programmers I know who are HEAVILY into firearms, self defense, and personal independence/prepping. What do we know that others don't?
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I find it remarkable, telling, and potentially disturbing that there is a disproportionate number of engineers/programmers I know who are HEAVILY into firearms, self defense, and personal independence/prepping. What do we know that others don't?
    I forget...

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I was at a local SecureWorld event about 7 or 8 years ago, and overheard some guys talking about a firearms training class they had recently attended. So naturally I struck up a conversation with them.

I forget which school they went to - it wasn't Gunsite or Thunder Ranch - but it was something I had heard of. Anyway, their instructor mentioned that after law enforcement and military, the most common profession among their students was Information Technology.

Take that for what it's worth. It would be interesting to see some actual numbers on this.
    Yippee ki-yay

Site Supporter
    That was true in TX. Clint Smith made some nasty comments in print about all the computer folks he was seeing in his classes there. I saw lots of IT folks when I was in TX classes. Some were strange dudes - one said he owned a 50 cal handgun that would shot throug a yard wide tree trunk. Well, maybe?

There was a rumor that Paul Allen from Microsoft was a gun guy and supposedly he posted in some media - but I have no idea if this was true given his social interests. Also, a well known west coast group trained Gates' security - could be BS.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post
    I was at a local SecureWorld event about 7 or 8 years ago, and overheard some guys talking about a firearms training class they had recently attended. So naturally I struck up a conversation with them.

I forget which school they went to - it wasn't Gunsite or Thunder Ranch - but it was something I had heard of. Anyway, their instructor mentioned that after law enforcement and military, the most common profession among their students was Information Technology.

Take that for what it's worth. It would be interesting to see some actual numbers on this.
    I worked at a newspaper 36 years, the last 15 as head of the IT department. Out of 120 employees, only 4 carried. The GM, the Sales manager, me and my assistant. So far as I know, only me and my assistant were the only two with a license.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BCG View Post

When I was accumulating all my class time across 4 or so schools, IT guys were well represented. Probably just after LEO.

User Tag List