Page 2855 of 3541 FirstFirst ... 18552355275528052845285328542855285628572865290529553355 ... LastLast
Results 28,541 to 28,550 of 35405

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

So the employee who has to collect that is literally on a shit detail?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Name:  10D2DD95-5BCB-4DCC-BA47-DAF55F40199E.png
Views: 1052
Size:  21.9 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Name:  10D2DD95-5BCB-4DCC-BA47-DAF55F40199E.png
Views: 1052
Size:  21.9 KB
    Dad Was a Green Brete and the tenth member of the five man "All America Sharp Shooter Team." Only the top five competed, but they had 5 alternates in the event something happened to the top shooters. HE was on the standby team. OK. That still meant that Dad was considered the 10th best shooter in America for that year.
    Fifteen to twenty years post service, he was teaching his son how to hunt. He had used open sights for all of his life. He needed to see everything that was going on in the environment and refused to limit his view to the reticle of a scope. UNTIL ... his eyes gave way to age. He eventually realized that a blurry view of the world wasn't much help when his target was a blurry smear over the open sights.
    He learned to use a scope. He could knock a squirrels @$$ out of a tree at 50 yards with a .22 long rifle every time. He taught me how to find your target with open eyes, then bring the scope up and align it with both eyes open. You only used the scope for the final alignment.
    To this day, I'd challenge anybody to try and match dad's (sadly unofficially undocumented) record. A crap load of folks living in south Arkansas county can and will testify to his skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    Wow…well done. Mr. Dumble was a friend. He would have thought this was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    Wow…well done. Mr. Dumble was a friend. He would have thought this was funny.
    I never met him, but he sure made wonderful sounding amplifiers. Was he as much of a character as legend would suggest?
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    I never met him, but he sure made wonderful sounding amplifiers. Was he as much of a character as legend would suggest?
    He was an absolute genius a gentleman and a character. He was able to talk with authority and with a depth of knowledge on just about any subject, had a great sense of humor and a thirst for knowledge. An absolute master at his craft he was constantly looking to improve. He will be missed and I doubt there will ever be another one like him. It was an true pleasure to have been able to know him and call him a friend. And yes, his amplifiers were wonderful sounding, I was able to play a number out of his personal collection and the one he built for me will stay with me forever.

RIP Mr. Dumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    He taught me how to find your target with open eyes, then bring the scope up and align it with both eyes open. You only used the scope for the final alignment.
    Your father was a wise man. This is the largely-unknown key to shooting offhand well.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Check out Chief AJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Dad Was a Green Brete and the tenth member of the five man "All America Sharp Shooter Team." Only the top five competed, but they had 5 alternates in the event something happened to the top shooters. HE was on the standby team. OK. That still meant that Dad was considered the 10th best shooter in America for that year.
    Fifteen to twenty years post service, he was teaching his son how to hunt. He had used open sights for all of his life. He needed to see everything that was going on in the environment and refused to limit his view to the reticle of a scope. UNTIL ... his eyes gave way to age. He eventually realized that a blurry view of the world wasn't much help when his target was a blurry smear over the open sights.
    He learned to use a scope. He could knock a squirrels @$$ out of a tree at 50 yards with a .22 long rifle every time. He taught me how to find your target with open eyes, then bring the scope up and align it with both eyes open. You only used the scope for the final alignment.
    To this day, I'd challenge anybody to try and match dad's (sadly unofficially undocumented) record. A crap load of folks living in south Arkansas county can and will testify to his skills.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List