Page 2790 of 3539 FirstFirst ... 17902290269027402780278827892790279127922800284028903290 ... LastLast
Results 27,891 to 27,900 of 35386

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Do any agencies still use Crown Vics in any appreciable numbers? The newest ones would be 10+ years old now.
    I cut my teeth in a '95 Crown Vic PI. I miss it, and every one that followed. Not nostalgia.

When we went to Chargers, every one of them was a POS. Just this week we had to tow one. One that has been to the shop for cooling system issues at least once a year since it was purchased. They don't have enough headroom for me. I quit wearing hats for a while as I put my long legged, long torso'd body in and out.

Our first two Tahoes were comfortable, but slow and under powered. The new '21 Tahoe seems like a nice ride, but I have driven it once, it is the Sergeants' unit, and peons need not ask. And the whole dead body in the back seat last year.

The Explorer PI is reasonably spacious, not great, but OK, but the first one I had ate motor mounts like popcorn. My current one is fast and responsive, but lacking a transport seat and window bars in the back. Tire pressure sensors go out every few months. The new Explorers we have seem slower, and when I drive them I hate that my right thumb can't immediately mute the car stereo when I need to transmit. I haven't looked into it, but it seems like the "smart features" automatically mute the car radio when a cell phone is connected and in use. I don't use the BT fo tie my personal cell phone into the work car. I like being able to mute the audio as I reach for the police radio mic.

This year's purchase is 150s...

pat

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Imagine if they kept building the CVPI and just put 5.0 engines and bigger brakes in them.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    And the whole dead body in the back seat last year.
    Oh, this sounds like a story…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    When I retired my agency still had a number of CVs in service. Most of them were probably at 150-200K miles. They were repainting them and repairing them because the city and the repair fleet decided it was cheaper then buying new cars. Penny wise pound foolish. You have cars falling apart and you’re fixing them with bailing wire and duct tape (not literally).

K9 had take home Tahoes and we took care of them. They got fixed a lot because we drove a lot and they sat idling a lot. We used to get new vehicles at 100K but now they hold them and fix them. We have four spare vehicles because our new cars drop like flies. We had weeks where all the spares were being driven. You have a very expensive dog in the back of the car that can’t keep the interior cool in the summer. You want bad publicity have a dog die from heat in the back of one of your cars. They don’t care…
    I used to get a new vehicle every 100K weather I wanted/needed it or not. I usually hit 100K in about 4 years or less. I remember a 90's Dodge that was on it's 3rd transmission at 80K. They auctioned off the old ones and somebody usually got a good deal. Hundreds of people used to go to those vehicle auctions because those vehicles were well maintained, they just looked like shit. Sometime around 2012 they stopped that and the mileage was increased to 150K. Who knows what it is now, maybe 200K. Our garage serviced 1000 vehicles. The mechanics used to joy ride the sheriff cruisers. I knew one guy who took a sheriffs bike for a spin. He caught hell for that but the bike didn't belong to our sheriffs dept. and he didn't work for our agency. They looked the other way. He was a civil engineer and they don't grow those on trees.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by UNM1136 View Post
    I cut my teeth in a '95 Crown Vic PI. I miss it, and every one that followed. Not nostalgia.

When we went to Chargers, every one of them was a POS. Just this week we had to tow one. One that has been to the shop for cooling system issues at least once a year since it was purchased. They don't have enough headroom for me. I quit wearing hats for a while as I put my long legged, long torso'd body in and out.

Our first two Tahoes were comfortable, but slow and under powered. The new '21 Tahoe seems like a nice ride, but I have driven it once, it is the Sergeants' unit, and peons need not ask. And the whole dead body in the back seat last year.

The Explorer PI is reasonably spacious, not great, but OK, but the first one I had ate motor mounts like popcorn. My current one is fast and responsive, but lacking a transport seat and window bars in the back. Tire pressure sensors go out every few months. The new Explorers we have seem slower, and when I drive them I hate that my right thumb can't immediately mute the car stereo when I need to transmit. I haven't looked into it, but it seems like the "smart features" automatically mute the car radio when a cell phone is connected and in use. I don't use the BT fo tie my personal cell phone into the work car. I like being able to mute the audio as I reach for the police radio mic.

This year's purchase is 150s...

pat
    If you want to know what to buy ask an agency garage manager. They see all of the manufacturers service bulletins. Most agency vehicles get hammered like you wouldn't believe. Or maybe you would.

Agencies here are buying the new Ford SUV interceptor. Neighbor has one.
    Last edited by Borderland; 02-04-2022 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Imagine if they kept building the CVPI and just put 5.0 engines and bigger brakes in them.

Name:  28F567F4-3873-4BFC-8251-853C607F5042.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  41.9 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Name:  B91405E6-9457-4ABE-8ECE-045E737599E0.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  32.8 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Last edited by Borderland; 02-04-2022 at 10:40 PM.

User Tag List