Page 2734 of 3560 FirstFirst ... 17342234263426842724273227332734273527362744278428343234 ... LastLast
Results 27,331 to 27,340 of 35594

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    My gun purchase "instant background check" always takes 45min to the minute because there's a felon in TX with the same first/last name as me (my name is common as dirt).

Chris
    I had to get a UPIN for a similar reason.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    My tin foil hat prevents me from donating my DNA to Uncle Sugars database.

Yea, f#ck that.
    DNA harvesting thru the guise of ancestry.
    My foil is that heavy duty industrial grille type.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

My brother did his. Since we have the same parents, I assumed that was close enough to claim as my results.

Chris
    One of my older co-workers told me about an argument he and his wife had about their teenage daughter. 'Laura' he said 'you better talk to your daughter.' She came back with this 'well that's one thing you can be sure of, she's my daughter.'

I have a hard time understanding the importance some folks place on genealogy. I have friends and relatives who are consumed by tracing the family roots. I'm of the mind that what's important is who we are in the present.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    yes, 'organic' was a bad choice. I didn't make the meme, just stole it from elsewhere...
    Name:  Meme - organic loctite.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  22.7 KB
    'Nobody ever called the fire department because they did something intelligent'

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I have a hard time understanding the importance some folks place on genealogy. I have friends and relatives who are consumed by tracing the family roots. I'm of the mind that what's important is who we are in the present.
    Yeah, it's not anything more than a curiosity to me. Unless I'm going to find some lost inheritance, it's of little importance to me.

Chris

Yeah, it's not anything more than a curiosity to me. Unless I'm going to find some lost inheritance, it's of little importance to me.

Chris
    That's how I look at it. Just let sleeping dogs lie. I have some reservations because I think there's a good chance that I may have been responsible for a child in the early 70's that I never met. I got that information from my mom. I never acted on it. If I got that news tomorrow it wouldn't surprise me.

My wife had that experience. Two of her nieces did some sleuthing with their DNA tests and found her first born that she gave up for adoption when she was about 19. They communicate but so far they haven't met. No doubt they will sooner or later. It's been planned for next year at a family reunion. This guy is in for a yuge shock because he has a very large family he never knew about. My wife's dad was one of eleven children. None of my wife's children are mine as we were married when we both were in our late 50's. Lots of time to do all kinds of stupid shit. We were the generation of hippies and free love.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve found three half siblings so far, my father had a zipper problem. And there are probably more - my father was a GE defense contractor, and was stationed in Thailand 1967-68. There’s probably a whole soccer team of half siblings over there.
    The 60's were a different time that takes some imagination if you didn't happen to be there. Most can only read about it. Personally I wouldn't believe most of it, except what I witnessed. I know that much.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-03-2022 at 08:28 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    One of my older co-workers told me about an argument he and his wife had about their teenage daughter. 'Laura' he said 'you better talk to your daughter.' She came back with this 'well that's one thing you can be sure of, she's my daughter.'

Grandpa always wanted to find a horse thief or cattle rustler in the gene pool. He wasn't a big man, but he was a what at the time would be called a rascal, with that twinkle in his eyes of someone who could play the scoundrel if needed.

Other than that, I know enough of my lineage to understand where the once dormant and now awakened patriotic and freedom loving streak came from.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’ve found three half siblings so far, my father had a zipper problem. And there are probably more - my father was a GE defense contractor, and was stationed in Thailand 1967-68. There’s probably a whole soccer team of half siblings over there.
    Think of Charles Lindberg’s kids, finding out that he has two families in Germany.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    yes, 'organic' was a bad choice. I didn't make the meme, just stole it from elsewhere...
    Name:  Meme - organic loctite.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  22.7 KB
    That photo makes me sad.

User Tag List