Page 2727 of 3544 FirstFirst ... 17272227262726772717272527262727272827292737277728273227 ... LastLast
Results 27,261 to 27,270 of 35435

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Evolution in motion.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

The more you know.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Editors wanted.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    They did. I assume if you have a rotary phone that can dial out that's still hot? I have an old stack of now-vintage 2600 leaftlet/magazines around here somewhere. I think one of those had someone using that to (illegally) power a small lightbulb in some sort of power outage? The things people in that subculture used to get up to was amusing to watch.

meme thread:

Attachment 82175
    I used to throw pillows from the couch over the damn screaming modem that was attached to my Mac Lc - I loved that little computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Editors wanted.

I’m sorry, but if I have to drive on snot and ice, I’m using four wheel drive.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Meanwhile in reality.

Not to be that guy, but those are off-duty cops in Brazil.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...veryone-armed/

Quote Originally Posted by boing View Post
    Not to be that guy, but those are off-duty cops in Brazil.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...veryone-armed/
    It's a meme. That's how you spell Brazil in Texas.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's a meme. That's how you spell Brazil in Texas.
    It’s amazing how many Brazilians you can find in Texas if you look hard!😎
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    That's also how I understood it. Most of the old POTS / circuit-switched network stuff is supposed to be gone and it's all VOIPy-fiber internet from the curb to the rest of the network. The only copper left, I thought, was from the RJ11 jack in your house to the curb.

Someone at work recently mentioned that they can receive phone calls on their old rotary but no longer dial out. So I guess maybe the old copper isn't all gone, but it's on its way out the door.
    Actually, that sounds like it may just be the polarity is reversed. Ive had it happen many times over the years, sometimes its service work being done somewhere and they reverse them. I asked the very rual phone company and their techs said most conclusively that that doesnt matter any more, but when I reversed the wires in my network interface (the grey box where the line comes into the house) it worked correctly again. I first noticed it when wiring a cabin I built for phones, it would ring, but couldnt call out. reverse the wires, bingo.

I dont have a rotary phone but I do have one of the old AT&T touchtone desk phones. Ive replaced parts in it several times from other phones,the keypad once, and the handset speaker once, it keeps on going for the most part. I think i bought is used from a neighbor about 30 years ago.

They upgraded us to fiber a couple years ago and impioved our internet speed, we dont get very reliable cell service, I often have to go out on the porch to talk and still lose calls.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Name:  2E926C47-0AF7-4A92-92A5-291D54FB6719.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  42.0 KB
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List