Page 2461 of 3549 FirstFirst ... 146119612361241124512459246024612462246324712511256129613461 ... LastLast
Results 24,601 to 24,610 of 35489

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    We experimented with throwing a few 12 ga shells into a fire. Nobody died. Actually nothing happened. I think the powder may have burned before the primer ignited.
    Oh the innocence of youth. We shot 12 gauge shells with a .22. Scattered shot was about all we got, even aiming for the brass. We shot mason jars full of gasoline. Just a bunch of spilled gas. We even put a burning piece of paper next to the jar once. The gas drowned out the paper fire without igniting. We tried to make a fertilizer bomb once. (A couple of us were real nerds and had run across this idea decades before the Murrah Federal Building event.) Looks so simple in the movies. It took more fire to set it off than it generated. We never did get any of those Hollywood explosions. This was back in the late 70s, before most of that stuff was illegal. The company I worked for still sold dynamite to farmers to remove beaver dams and tree stumps.
    I drove to work in a pickup with a high powered rifle in the gun rack to sell thousands of pounds of ammonium nitrate, even delivering it on location. Only a couple of the older guys could sell the dynamite. I don't remember if that was simply a company police or whether there was some licensing involved. Yet those were much safer times. In those days, every citizen was responsible for their actions. There were no "safe" spaces. As a result, we figured stuff out, learned to live with hurt feelings, and got on with our lives.
    I miss those times.

This one is cute:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Moar…
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    In those days, every citizen was responsible for their actions. There were no "safe" spaces. As a result, we figured stuff out, learned to live with hurt feelings, and got on with our lives.
    Except for the people that got blown up.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Moar…
    How's the heat over there for you? Did you make it thru the killer heat wave? I felt sick on Monday. 100 at our house.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    How's the heat over there for you? Did you make it thru the killer heat wave? I felt sick on Monday. 100 at our house.
    Still here. We hit 109. Plenty hot. Beer and AC were my only friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Oh the innocence of youth. We shot 12 gauge shells with a .22. Scattered shot was about all we got, even aiming for the brass. We shot mason jars full of gasoline. Just a bunch of spilled gas. We even put a burning piece of paper next to the jar once. The gas drowned out the paper fire without igniting. We tried to make a fertilizer bomb once. (A couple of us were real nerds and had run across this idea decades before the Murrah Federal Building event.) Looks so simple in the movies. It took more fire to set it off than it generated. We never did get any of those Hollywood explosions. This was back in the late 70s, before most of that stuff was illegal. The company I worked for still sold dynamite to farmers to remove beaver dams and tree stumps.
    I drove to work in a pickup with a high powered rifle in the gun rack to sell thousands of pounds of ammonium nitrate, even delivering it on location. Only a couple of the older guys could sell the dynamite. I don't remember if that was simply a company police or whether there was some licensing involved. Yet those were much safer times. In those days, every citizen was responsible for their actions. There were no "safe" spaces. As a result, we figured stuff out, learned to live with hurt feelings, and got on with our lives.
    I miss those times.
    Insurectionists will always ruin it for the rest of us. I'm waiting for the next big push against the federal government. Shouldn't be long now.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Still here. We hit 109. Plenty hot. Beer and AC were my only friends.
    We have a daylight basement but no AC. Temp was about 75 down there so we got thru it. Dog had to be hosed down every few hours though. She didn't mind.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Name:  ten fingers.jpg
Views: 761
Size:  59.8 KB

Happy 4th of July, hillbillies who'll never learn to use chopsticks now!
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List