Page 2458 of 3544 FirstFirst ... 145819582358240824482456245724582459246024682508255829583458 ... LastLast
Results 24,571 to 24,580 of 35435

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Res ipsa loquitur

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Cultural appropriation.

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Res ipsa loquitur

If they'd used the same size font on both lines, it probably would have fit.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

My biking injuries include a broken collarbone, a separated shoulder, a dislocated shoulder, a broken front tooth, and a completely split upper lip. I've also broken three helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    BB-gun fights with my brothers taught me the value of cover, if even partial, that one could shoot from without exposure. How we didn't put out eyes or break windows is beyond my understanding.
    Crossman pump ups vs spring bb was a totally lopsided battle.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    My biking injuries include a broken collarbone, a separated shoulder, a dislocated shoulder, a broken front tooth, and a completely split upper lip. I've also broken three helmets.
    After jumping my bike off sweet ramps as a kid and 35 years as a semi-serious mountain biker and recent convert to gravel biking, I've never been seriously injured.

Of course, now that I've typed that, I'll be kilt in the street next time I throw a leg over one of my bikes.

Chris

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    BB-gun fights with my brothers taught me the value of cover, if even partial, that one could shoot from without exposure. How we didn't put out eyes or break windows is beyond my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Crossman pump ups vs spring bb was a totally lopsided battle.
    We had Daisy spring guns. I had a pump, one of my brothers had a M-1 carbine that he had to cock by pulling the barrel in. It was a lot easier for me.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrunner View Post
    Mine include broken right collarbone (twice) and I broke the head off my left femur. I guess road rash doesn't count. I've only gone through two helmets.

And then there's trail rash. My trail running superpower is finding hidden roots - the buggers just reach up and grab my shoes.

We had Daisy spring guns. I had a pump, one of my brothers had a M-1 carbine that he had to cock by pulling the barrel in. It was a lot easier for me.
    Thats what I had!
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    Mine include broken right collarbone (twice) and I broke the head off my left femur. I guess road rash doesn't count. I've only gone through two helmets.

And then there's trail rash. My trail running superpower is finding hidden roots - the buggers just reach up and grab my shoes.
    Yeah, I didn't include road rash. I also got tree rash when I sideswiped a tree hard and fast enough to leave a nasty rash on my shoulder.

My worst non-injury was when I was on a trail on a cold, wet, winter day. I was going down a muddy, slippery hill, when I lost control and started heading straight for a relatively young tree maybe 4-6 inches in diameter. I braced myself for the collision, wondering how much damage I was about to receive. When I hit the tree, nothing happened to me, but the tree was rotten, dead, and fell over.

I've also tripped over my share of roots while running. My handheld water bottle has broken my fall numerous times. Worst fall was in the Shenendoahs when I tripped and my knee landed on a rock. That's the first photo (after I washed the blood off) - that cut went deep and hurt like a sumbitch.

Name:  IMG_0743.jpg
Views: 595
Size:  46.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0278 (1).jpg
Views: 596
Size:  59.2 KB

User Tag List