Page 221 of 3542 FirstFirst ... 1211712112192202212222232312713217211221 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 35416

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Ive never seen an actual, detailed explanation of why naming teams or things after Indian tribes was supposed to be offensive. Its not like they named them in some way that was supposed to be denigrating them, more like honoring them in some way, or respecting some aspect of them or their ferocity or prowess. Once that idea somehow got traction, its been applied to about anything you can imagine, and still no clear explanation of exactly why it would be offensive.

Teams get named Spartans, Grizzlies, Warriors, and such, not Rats, Mice, Chipmunks, Bunnies, Goldfish, or other things that may not seem to inspire an impression of prowess, strength or courage in sports or competition.
    The liberal-butthurt complex has made a lot of money for a lot of people in academia and the media.

Okie John
    Last edited by okie john; 04-10-2017 at 11:58 AM.
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Ive never seen an actual, detailed explanation of why naming teams or things after Indian tribes was supposed to be offensive. Its not like they named them in some way that was supposed to be denigrating them, more like honoring them in some way, or respecting some aspect of them or their ferocity or prowess. Once that idea somehow got traction, its been applied to about anything you can imagine, and still no clear explanation of exactly why it would be offensive.

Teams get named Spartans, Grizzlies, Warriors, and such, not Rats, Mice, Chipmunks, Bunnies, Goldfish, or other things that may not seem to inspire an impression of prowess, strength or courage in sports or competition.
    Let alone that forged goods like tomahawks, harpoons and such were goods traded to Native Americans by white men by and large.
    Last edited by blues; 04-10-2017 at 12:06 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Ive never seen an actual, detailed explanation of why naming teams or things after Indian tribes was supposed to be offensive.
    If someone wanted to name something that killed bad people after me, I'd totally be cool with it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    If someone wanted to name something that killed bad people after me, I'd totally be cool with it.
    "The Chance Missile" seems a bit off the mark, unfortunately.
    Maybe a good name for a Destroyer.... ? Chance, the Destroyer.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    "The Chance Missile" seems a bit off the mark, unfortunately.
    Maybe a good name for a Destroyer.... ? Chance, the Destroyer.
    How about the "No Second Chance" missile. I don't know that I'd wanna mess with that.

By the way, speaking of equipment named after folks, the "Enola Gay" sure carries a heavy load.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I prefer to name it - Giant Butcher Knife from the movie "Psycho".

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    By the way, speaking of equipment named after folks, the "Enola Gay" sure carries a heavy load.
    Ya gotta wonder how Tibbets' mom felt about that...
    Last heard, though, his grandson was flying B2s, so maybe he knows.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter

Name:  Obama ISIL no islamic.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  51.3 KB
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

User Tag List