Page 1370 of 3544 FirstFirst ... 3708701270132013601368136913701371137213801420147018702370 ... LastLast
Results 13,691 to 13,700 of 35436

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    There was a NH congressman named Richard Swett. He was endorsed by a Boston radio station because the DJs loved saying "You can't lick Dick Swett."
    He voted for the Brady bill... ads following that for the next election, “ If you voted for Swett, you don’t know Dick.”

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Huh?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Huh?
    Do you even John Wick, bro?

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Huh?
    tl:dr: go see the movie.

Explaining the joke never works well, but here goes:

John Wick 2 has a scene where he goes to see the "somelier" for a "tasting", which is Wick speak for "what custom guns do you have for me". The guy behind the counter gives over technical, and not quite that accurate description of the various weapons, Wick will take to kill someone (well, a whole lot of someones).

The photo used here is from that scene.

Throughout the series of films, one of the things that makes John Wick legendary in that universe is that he assassinated someone with a pencil and in the second movie, we get to actually see it done twice.

So those two unique tropes of the movie get a mash up.

Tl:dr: go see the movie.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Trying to remember the last movie I saw in a theater. Solo, I suppose. Now that the wife is retired, I usually only go when she wants to see something. (And she has the perception to recognize movies I have no interest in, like the Downton Abbey movie.)
    She might enjoy these movies, I don't know, it never came up. Maybe when we get a new flat panel in the family room and I can watch stuff on Amazon Prime and/or Netflix...
    (Other movies I've never seen: Saving Private Ryan, The Big Lebowski, Heat, and a bunch of others I can't even think of.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    tl:dr: go see the movie.

Explaining the joke never works well, but here goes:

John Wick 2 has a scene where he goes to see the "somelier" for a "tasting", which is Wick speak for "what custom guns do you have for me". The guy behind the counter gives over technical, and not quite that accurate description of the various weapons, Wick will take to kill someone (well, a whole lot of someones).

The photo used here is from that scene.

Throughout the series of films, one of the things that makes John Wick legendary in that universe is that he assassinated someone with a pencil and in the second movie, we get to actually see it done twice.

So those two unique tropes of the movie get a mash up.

Tl:dr: go see the movie.
    It was 3 people, in a bar, with a fucking pencil.

Last edited by hufnagel; 11-03-2019 at 08:28 PM.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List