Page 2656 of 3537 FirstFirst ... 16562156255626062646265426552656265726582666270627563156 ... LastLast
Results 26,551 to 26,560 of 35362

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Ah, navigating downtown Boston…

I had to laugh when I saw I was at the corner of Tremont and Tremont.
    Nothing unusual. The red arrow of this map shows the corner of Poquonnock Rd. and Poquonnock Rd.

Name:  corner.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  100.7 KB

It's not the only such intersection. There's an intersection where you can be at the corner of North Rd. and North Rd. Heading south, North Rd. turns to the right, but if you stay on the road that you were on (CT 117), it becomes Newtown Rd.

A lot of towns in New England are like that. Turn left when you get to the corner where the general store burned down thirty years ago.

There's an old joke that a visitor was driving to Marlboro College. He came to a fork in the road, each fork had a sign that indicated that it was the way to the college. The driver saw a man working on a fence by the road.

The driver said: "Hey, buddy, does it matter which road I take to get to the college?"

The man working on the fence didn't even look up as he replied: "Not to me, it don't."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It's not the only such intersection. There's an intersection where you can be at the corner of North Rd. and North Rd. Heading south, North Rd. turns to the right, but if you stay on the road that you were on (CT 117), it becomes Newtown Rd.

A lot of towns in New England are like that. Turn left when you get to the corner where the general store burned down thirty years ago.

There's an old joke that a visitor was driving to Marlboro College. He came to a fork in the road, each fork had a sign that indicated that it was the way to the college. The driver saw a man working on a fence by the road.

The driver said: "Hey, buddy, does it matter which road I take to get to the college?"

The man working on the fence didn't even look up as he replied: "Not to me, it don't."
    Just like Ireland.... Coincidence? Hmmm.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Just like Ireland.... Coincidence? Hmmm.
    New Ireland? Sometimes Boston feels like that.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

On my first business trip to Boston, I went for a run in the morning. I was only going to run for 3 or 4 miles, but I got hopelessly lost. Fortunately, it was about 7am, and I finally came across a gardener at a country club or high school or something, and asked him how to get back to my hotel. He had no idea, but eventually told me how to get back to the freeway which I knew was close to my hotel. That turned into a 7 mile run, and I barely made my meeting that morning. I had just gotten a GPS running watch, and when I looked at my track, I figured out my cascading series of mistakes.

For a while I was traveling to Boston a lot, and if I was in a new area, I'd get super paranoid about getting lost when I'd run in the morning. That's when I also got my first car GPS, and it saved my bacon many times trying to drive around there.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    New Ireland? Sometimes Boston feels like that.
    The Irish almost ruined this country before somebody decided to build the first trans continental railroad.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Neither shaken nor stirred.

Name:  A78B371E-4726-4635-98C9-97A1F5701EBC.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  26.2 KB
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    The Irish almost ruined this country before somebody decided to build the first trans continental railroad.
    I couldn't resist this. Please fast-forward through the words that may never be spoken.

User Tag List