View Poll Results: Which brand for a whole house generator?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kohler

2 25.00%
  • Generac

4 50.00%
  • Mods here are shit

2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Whole house generator discussion

Whole house generator discussion

Tell me about your experiences.
    #RESIST

Mine was the first vote 😎
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Bought a house in 2022 with a Kohler. From the old wiring it’s the second generator that has been installed. Runs on propane, a 250 gallon tank. Need to upgrade to a 500. Started a 14 day outage at 40% and was going to run out but I bribed a propane truck I saw filling up nearby. Companies won’t fill over 40%.

It’s a miracle having one. Really happy with it.

Bought a 24KW Generac that has been online since June 1, 2023. Only 15 hours of engine time on outages up until now.

Sorry I waited so long.

The company is the important thing...and the guys that installed and maintain it are top notch. The local guy that does Kohler, though a nice enough guy, didn't inspire as much confidence or sense of professionalism. Also, smaller shop and less likely to be there timely if an issue arises.

I believe that if you go for the Generac at the moment, there is a free 10 year warranty offer available...which includes parts, labor, travel, etc on engine and alternator. We got in on that last year and it's a really nice thing to have.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Reading with interest. Generac is local to me.
    I'm a "7" compared to most gun-guys, which means I'm a "3" on P-F.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    We've put a few Generacs on our homes. I can't really say how well they've held up through the years, but nobody's ever called to complain.

Why Generac and not Kohler? Because that's what my electrical supplier carries.

Generac has much greater market share, and wider distribution and availability of parts from all that I've read. They are manufactured in the same plant in Wisconsin, as well, despite the fact that they compete against one another.

Anecdotal, but the service folks I've spoken to who work on both, prefer working with Generac. Granted, this is only a handful of individuals.

I think they both offer good products.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List