Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Non political disucussion about states with looming AWBs

Non political disucussion about states with looming AWBs

What would you buy? Just parts? Mags? Receivers? Not AR specific.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Take it or leave it, but I was in the Pmag and “that Daniel Defense that you always had your eye on camp,” myself, when the looming balloon started going up. I’ve probably spent a down payment on a new truck in Pmags over several years’ time. Other than that, my buying habits didn’t change much, since I’ve been in the game a while.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Don’t really do the AR thing but, in WA’s case, prioritized parts and then did some hard thinking about magazines.

Luckily, as Glock fanboy, I just added 10 of each 9mm size (17/19/26) and then got some various B92 mags.

Lastly, as I didn’t yet own one, I got a handful of G5 G21 mags.

Probably a little over the top for my current shooting habits but I like the safety net if mags starting giving up the ghost.

At the time, the conjecture around the WA AWB was the usual shitshow, but parts were fairly straightforward. The only regret is not getting some threaded barrels and comps, but that wasn’t a desire at the time.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

I've never been into the AR platform, but were such a ban to occur in my state, I s'pose that I would probably grab two high-quality ARs (I really like the piston-driven HKs), twenty 30-round magazines per rifle, and a pallet of practice and SD ammo.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    As someone who is actually in such a state I have just purchased a PWS MK116 not because I needed one but because I have wanted one for a while.

Other items on my list -
    AK103 ,AK Underfolder or both.
    Either another CZ Scorpion or Scorpion Carbine or a PSA AK-V
    PSA H&R M16A1 stamped lower.

Lots of other goodies would be tempting, like a Jackal or the new PWS modular rifle, but I’m good on AR lowers and already have too many guns…

In Colorado mags have already been restricted so there is no change there and the bill does not affect parts and uppers, so really the only focus now is on guns.

Yeah, the critical and ban-able components. Pmags and stripped receivers. Pmags are ridiculously cheap, don't go bad (in the wrapper), take up very little space, are easily transportable, and, if nothing else, may make good trade fodder at some point.

I remember ordering several 30-round Glock mags as soon as I became aware of the Sandy Hook shooting. Didn't need them, but they have the same attributes as Pmags...

Having a buttload of primers put back may not be the worst thing either.

ETA: I think there is a valid argument to be made that a well-organized household in America should contain at least 100 (more or less virgin) PMags - regardless of any ban that may or may not be imminent.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Also consider, what if the state goes all NJ and says “no grandfather for you, come back nevah”.

Seriously, NJ bans are flat out bans. If you own it, too bad, get rid of it.

Site Supporter
    That's the point - what level of ban, grandfathering, turn 'em in, are we looking at.

So far in most states - the Mini-14 plain janes have survived as have the 9 mm Ruger PCC.

There are the new lever action and pump 223s out there now - like the Bond one.

Or you can wait for the slumbering giants of Scotus to enforce Bruen.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I've already been through this several times. I have plenty of guns, mags, and ammo. Unfortunately the new laws they are trying to push through make it illegal to take a magazine larger than 10 rounds outside your home. So, I'm not sure there is a good solution.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Also consider, what if the state goes all NJ and says “no grandfather for you, come back nevah”.

Seriously, NJ bans are flat out bans. If you own it, too bad, get rid of it.
    To piggy back on you it’s how they ban it. I cooks buy a pile of cool shit and be stuck with either having to transfer it out of state at cost and hoping I don’t loose money. Or destroying it.

User Tag List