Page 2591 of 3517 FirstFirst ... 15912091249125412581258925902591259225932601264126913091 ... LastLast
Results 25,901 to 25,910 of 35163

Thread: Make me laugh - the PF memes thread - NO POLITICAL MEMES

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Did nobody else wear 'Toughskin' pants? Not sure who made them but they were some kind of burlap/sandpaper combo. It was the only thing my Mom let me wear outside for a number of years. Pretty good preventative for scrapes and abrasions, mostly because it was too uncomfortable to run or bend over while wearing them to have much chance of falling.
    I remember those, they were cheaper than Levi’s. I was the oldest, so I didn’t get hand-me-downs unless from a cousin.

Everything from my childhood either came from Sears or the Base PX..... I'm pretty sure those were the only two places Mom shopped other than getting groceries at the base Commissary once a week. I still remember the rides into Little Creek Naval base and her sudden groan when she realized that it was a pay day weekend and the stores were going to be a zoo.... I wore out a bunch of those toughskin jeans on the sidewalks and streets of Virginia Beach growing up....
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

They were "dungarees" when I was a kid...were purchased at discount stores we had to take the bus to get to in Jamaica...and were worn with fashionably high cuffs, (like 4 to 5" high) and repaired with iron on patches.

"Jeans" came later...and were fancy duds. LOL.

Like this:

(image glommed from the web)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Toughskins, Schwinn stingrays, no helmets, and “you better be home in time for dinner.”

Today’s kids: pussies; all.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

*finally* got the link to work. There you go, retirement home meme threaders.
    Last edited by BehindBlueI's; 09-20-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    There may or may not be a child in my family who is referred to as “Land O’ Lakes” because he’s been described as being “as soft as warm butter”.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    They were "dungarees" when I was a kid...were purchased at discount stores we had to take the bus to get to in Jamaica...and were worn with fashionably high cuffs, (like 4 to 5" high) and repaired with iron on patches.

"Jeans" came later...and were fancy duds. LOL.

Like this:

(image glommed from the web)
    This post.... Exactly.
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Toughskins, Schwinn stingrays, no helmets, and “you better be home in time for dinner.”

Graduated from toughskins to Levi's in middle school. And patches went from iron on to cut up bandanas.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Shoot, I still have denim iron on patches…

User Tag List